The Firearms Forum banner

Shooting the Remington Rolling block No 5

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Big Mak 
#1 ·
Short video. RSO was kind enough to shoot the video so that I may use it as advertisement to find a new home.

I'm glad I only put 15 rounds through this rifle. Otherwise I'd be pleading my case with big teary eyes tell the wife we need to keep this sporting puppy..What a pleasant rifle to shoot! Very straight out to 100 yards. TBH, probably straighter than my Remington Model 700 Ought-6 with iron.

Pic is the (L) Remington 7mm Express (.280 round)and (R) 7mm Mauser (7x57) comparison.

Video:

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 · (Edited)
Picture below show a very clean chamber and the bore after a 20 round session. It took two passes to clean up the bore. The ammo used was Winchester 7mm (7x57) 140 grain (probably 1975 ammo judging by the boxes) with 2660 fps. (An equivalent round is my Remington 7MM Express 140 grain @ 2758 fps) It's almost a lesson in aerodynamics maturity regarding the bullet shape. :)

This photo you can see the firing pin that goes right through the center of the "block" as well as the shell ejector. I love simplicity!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.