The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
9,042 Posts
I like the ones that came hauling up on the shoulder to pass all the lined up cars, and suddenly discovered my 53ft trailer occupying half of it.
"I have to grow old, but I don't have to grow up". :)
I like them to do that when I'm carrying my D6, it's 13' 6" wide, that blade will snatch mirror's right off.

I have almost always been the "OLD DUDE" in the groups I worked with, associated with. When my daughter was in the first grade she asked me how old I was. I told her I was so old the I used to play with Dinosaurs in my Livingroom/Cave. A couple days later I got a call from her school Principle wanting to talk to me about the outrageous story she told her class about my pet Dino's. I had to tell the principle that I was just an old dude telling yarns. Yup I got older but I refuse to grow up and you can't make me:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I'm a toys r us kid.

I drove a oil tanker for most of my life . You "would" think most people would be a bit leary of you running down the road with 200+ barrels weighing 80000 pounds total add in the size and the placards saying FLAMABLE but some of the biggest knot heads are the little matchbox cars and motor cycles !!! Most one finger waves came from lanes ending or merging areas . You don't get upset after while and just smile and wave . We had a driver get called in on (we got a big 800# on side of truck) cause at a merge area the car got mad , wave their finger and our driver started blowing kisses !!!! The fact they were at fault didn't matter they just didn't like getting kisses !!
If I don't get at least one finger per day, I feel like I haven't done my job.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If I don't get at least one finger per day, I feel like I haven't done my job.
I can be in our car with the wife and someone does something and she gets mad and just laugh and say everyone has a head up bu## moment and laugh !
View attachment 234086 too many youngins abide by this motto, mine has always been," You're only a child once, but you can be immature your whole life!"
Once I woke up and was being loaded into a ambulance . The EMT asked what happened ? I said last I remember saying was "Hey watch this"!!

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
I've travelled pretty much from coast to coast and haven't missed but 3-4 states and for my money, Illinois has the most absolutely rude drivers..and the closer you get to that cess pool called Chicago the worse they get. No offense to our Illinois members. And that opinion dates back 40 some years to my days as an LEO in Jefferson City, Missouri when 1/2 the Friday afternoon traffic in the summer was Illinois heading to the Lake of the Ozarks. Now, living near a college town with apparently a lot of students from Illinois, it certainly appears things have not changed or missed a generation.

·
Premium Member
19,199 Posts
Illinois has the most absolutely rude drivers..and the closer you get to that cess pool called Chicago the worse they get.
No offense taken. I agree. Lots of shootings on our expressways. Cut someone off here and you could get shot.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I've travelled pretty much from coast to coast and haven't missed but 3-4 states and for my money, Illinois has the most absolutely rude drivers..and the closer you get to that cess pool called Chicago the worse they get. No offense to our Illinois members. And that opinion dates back 40 some years to my days as an LEO in Jefferson City, Missouri when 1/2 the Friday afternoon traffic in the summer was Illinois heading to the Lake of the Ozarks. Now, living near a college town with apparently a lot of students from Illinois, it certainly appears things have not changed or missed a generation.
I'll see your Illinois and raise you a Denver. That has to be the butthole of the Rocky Mountains. Not only rude drivers but dangerous ones too. Gun play while motoring on the interstates there is commonplace. I avoid the place like the plague.

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
I'll have to plead ignorant about Denver as I haven't been through there in over 20 years. That whole area is vastly different from the first time I was through there in the 70's.

·
9,042 Posts
Try NY-NY.

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
No sirs, I haven't driven in either Boston or New York, NY. All the times I went to Maine I planned my trip so I didn't have to drive in either city. Closest I got to NY was about 100 miles and to Boston was the I-495 loop...and that was too close. Went through Connecticut the first trip up. DID NOT come back that way or ever pass through CT again.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
No sirs, I haven't driven in either Boston or New York, NY. All the times I went to Maine I planned my trip so I didn't have to drive in either city. Closest I got to NY was about 100 miles and to Boston was the I-495 loop...and that was too close. Went through Connecticut the first trip up. DID NOT come back that way or ever pass through CT again.
I forgot all about Salt Lake City and Sacramento, they were right up there too. But in retrospect, Denver was still the worst.

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
I've been to SLC a few times and I didn't see that. 'Course I'm sure it depends on where in the city and the time of day. However, in Illinois that didn't matter.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I am so bringing rubber gloves to my next physical. Im goin on 50 and still havnt had the test done. you know.. that test. my last appointment was a phone consultation where my Doc asked if ive been wearing a mask and i said no. he insisted Everybody must wear at least a medical mask like the blue disposable ones they hand out. I said what about people on oxygen. He hung up on me.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,872 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts