Shot Shell?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Whitefang81, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Whitefang81

Whitefang81 Guest

OK i'm just curious, how safe is it for the barrel to shoot CCI Shot shell out of my 10/22 T? Could it damage the Barrel>?

2. z537z

z537z Guest

shotshell

If you've ever heard that you can't shoot shot out of a rifled (for deer hunting and the like) slug-only shotgun, it's because the rifling with chew up the shot, not the other way around.

Shot is soft stuff, and it will in no way damage your barrel. Actually, normal 22's will wear it out faster (more contact).

So shoot away! And recock it manually as there's not enough powder to activate the cycle.

I find that beyond like 25yds. they're not good at all. And keep some regular rounds handy in case you have to finish something off, eh?

Hope that helps

_z

3. stuporman

stuporman Guest

CCI Shotshells Xperience

Find them to be great for birds about 20 feet or so away.

I usually load two HP, then two Shotshells in the clip.

If I stumble upon some eatin size birdies, I pop two shotshells at them. (Cycles fine in my rig)

If I see something a little farther, I cycle the bolt two times quietly and I got long range w/o switching clips.

Just having fun...
    :cool:

4. wsmc667

wsmc667 Guest

a racoon got mad at me when i hit it in the head at 4 feet with shot shell. he came back for more food in 5 minutes and the .22mrf hp got em.

:) chris in sandy eggo

5. stuporman

stuporman Guest

I wanna know...

Where the heck do you live in San Diego where you can bust a cap at a raccoon in your backyard?

:confused: