SHOTGUN - STANDOFF OR BAYONET DEVISE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

michaeljc11
    (1/5/03 10:04:05 pm)
    Reply SHOTGUN - STANDOFF OR BAYONET DEVISE?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I saw a tactical shotgun years ago and it had a sharpened nail type devise mounted off the magazine cap end. This was intended to prevent any attemps at grabbing the barrel. Any ideas where could find one for my remington 870 HD 5077?? Thanks in advance and yes I realize a squeeze of the trigger would eliminate the need for this device but I think it can't hurt and it might just help? Thanks.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/5/03 10:55:17 pm)
    Re: SHOTGUN - STANDOFF OR BAYONET DEVISE?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have never seen one, but it sounds like something that any machinist or general jack of all trades could make fairly easy. Just have to have it blued to match the rest of the gun once it it made. Welcome to TFF
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 2:44:43 pm)
    Re: SHOTGUN - STANDOFF OR BAYONET DEVISE?
    heres a suggestion for you.. if you REALLY REALLY REALLY want that spike bayonet on the end of your shotgun... try picking up an old Spike bayonet from a gunshow... if my meager memory serves me the Uzi used a spike bayonet that was on the shorter side.. anyhows.. if you cant figure a way to get it to slide over the barrel/mag cap and lock on, cut the spike off the mounting bracket with a hacksaw,sawzall,bandsaw,jigsaw,ect. and then weld it onto the mag cap.. you MAY have to drill the mag cap out so the spsike can run thru it.. weld a washer to the cut base, slide it thru the drilled mag cap from the inside... then weld ALL teh way around the spike on teh outside of the mag cap, as well as around the washer inside the mag cap... might be able to make a LARGE nail work if ya cant find a spike bayonet.. just a quick thought on makin nasty lil things to handle things that go bump in the night... not the answer your looking for, BUT it may be a solution.. or might get the ol juices flowing and help to develop more thoughts... and just to cover me butt , insert disclaimer here... Ray in california
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

IShootBack
    (1/7/03 7:05:57 pm)
    Reply Re: SHOTGUN - STANDOFF OR BAYONET DEVISE?
    M11:
    First, welcome abord.

Second, I have never seen such a device and after contemplating it's application and effectiveness, wonder why it would be necessary? If you were in a situation that degenerated such that someone is going to grab the barrel, a spike or spike collar would not deflate the hostility. IMHO, it would in fact make them more aggressive.
    I also see that if they are that close to you, they could easily slash you with a knife instead of trying to grab the barrel.
    I do not think the "Intimidation Factor" of a shotgun would be increased by the spike.
    The noise made by racking the slide of a pump however, is an awsome sound every miscreant bad guy knows and fears greatly.

IMHO
    ISB

Guns cause crime, like spoons made Rosie fat

Edited by: IShootBack at: 1/7/03 7:06:32 pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.