Should Automobiles be banned ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlie the sniper, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Charlie, both our countries could solve all the problems if we'd just ban politicians! :D

2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Ban automobiles? Only in the UK; they don't know how to drive on the correct side of the road anyway...

3. True, USMC. :D They should also ban automobiles in Mexico I think. Down there they don't drive, they just aim. ;)

4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I sincerly hope that automobiles are not banned. I find mine to be most usefull during the Winter months. I like to start it up early in the morning and let it run a few hours to raise the ambient temerature a few degrees. If everyone would get on board with this we would be rid of Winters altogether, At least that is what I have been hearing from Al Gore.

5. paulrw

paulrw New Member

I live in the desert. The summer here without my car wouldn't be fun. I like starting my car late afternoon, turning the a/c on and then drive home. Otherwise 110+ in the shade isn't any fun.

Hmm.. Maybe we should just ban Al Gore????

6. kutaho

kutaho New Member

There is a lot of house/gardening things that will get ya just as dead, and then theirs rocks and sticks. If there's a will, there's a way.

7. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    When you consider all the people killed every year around the world by motor vehicles, it far out numbers fire arms related deaths. Despite all the drunk and poor drivers, the auto is not banned. Why is that? Who needs 200+ HP? We don't need to go over 70 mph. I think we should have the U.N. look into an international treaty to ban cars that can go over 75. I think that some device be put in place to prove that the driver is not impaired by alcohol or drugs, and does not have a history of bad behavior. There should be a waiting period of 10 days before anyone is allowed to drive. Think of all the lives that would be saved. TJ

8. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Well...

Sex is the number one cause of life. And, life is the number one cause of death. So therefore, if we have sex, we'll die...

But what a way to go...

9. islenos

islenos Active Member

YEA! Ban Cages (Automobiles) Then I would feel much safer on my Motorcycle