The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Show us what ya been doing !

This is my CZ in .308...she is bedded and floated, trigger job and heavy barreled...
She was my first...
View attachment 266407
So that's where the Hubble disappeared to!!!

My newest creation is an AR Pistol in .223/5.56. it has a 10.5" barrel, 3lb. trigger and a red dot. Accurate but very loud, even when wearing hearing protection.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was my 2nd attempt at stock work...inlet'd, bedded and floated...but the movement in the grain was something that was a wonderful surprise...was hoping it was going to be a nice piece...but it was more beautiful then I could have hoped for...nature at Her best. Sorry for the bad photo...
Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I have so many projects going, all I could post would be a pile of parts. The last build from scratch was my best work, for a friend years back. Converted an 03-A3 to left hand, and chambered for .264WinMag. Not a fan of Maple stocks, and it was one of the firsts I did from a rough blank. Every time I look at that thing, I remember it wasn't just the kids or ex wives that gave me grey hair.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have so many projects going, all I could post would be a pile of parts. The last build from scratch was my best work, for a friend years back. Converted an 03-A3 to left hand, and chambered for .264WinMag. Not a fan of Maple stocks, and it was one of the firsts I did from a rough blank. Every time I look at that thing, I remember it wasn't just the kids or ex wives that gave me grey hair.
What's not to like ??? !!!
Beautiful...

That's a right handsome looking piece of wood Trap. I've heard it called "musical grade" maple. I call it Kentucky rifle grade :)
Dang....nice piece of wood..

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
What's not to like ??? !!!
The year of headaches it took to figure out how to make it work left handed! First time we shot it, soon as the barrel heated up, you could barely hit paper with it. 100's of hours in it, I was sick to my stomach. The birdseye in the barrel channel raised up with the heat. Re-floated the barrel and cured that.
As I said, I'm not a fan of maple, but some of those muzzle stuffer stocks of Grizz's, could change my mind. That walnut stock in your 2nd pic is a beauty too!
My stockmaker buddy is always sending me random pics of Mauser stocks he's working on, usually the exhibition grade stuff I can't afford, just to aggravate me!

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
Dang....nice piece of wood..
I built two rifles out of that plank, the other one went to a retired FBI agent. When he retired Comey gave him a gold watch. He sent Comey a picture of his rifle with a note that said. I sold your stinking watch and bought this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The year of headaches it took to figure out how to make it work left handed! First time we shot it, soon as the barrel heated up, you could barely hit paper with it. 100's of hours in it, I was sick to my stomach. The birdseye in the barrel channel raised up with the heat. Re-floated the barrel and cured that.
As I said, I'm not a fan of maple, but some of those muzzle stuffer stocks of Grizz's, could change my mind. That walnut stock in your 2nd pic is a beauty too!
My stockmaker buddy is always sending me random pics of Mauser stocks he's working on, usually the exhibition grade stuff I can't afford, just to aggravate me!
That's how ya know your friend's...your a lucky man...the best knuggie's are from your friend's...they are the one's that tell you the truth, like it or not.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,828 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts