SHTF .223/5.56 Bolt Action

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Swiss_Gunner, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Swiss_Gunner

Swiss_Gunner Well-Known Member

I am kinda backing away from a magazine fed gun since you can lose a magazine. Being outdoors in the Swiss mountains a lot, I learned that when climbing over rocks and stuff, accessories like magazines are easily lost... But I get your point. Thing is, the most common magazine here in Switzerland is by far the SG550 magazine. And as far as I am concerned, there is no bolt action gun for this type of magazine :(

Country101 and drymag like this.
  2. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

Not yet...but enough pressure to the right company...

drymag likes this.

3. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Something in a 223 Wylde bull barrel.

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

When my daughter was little I bought her an Anshutz Woodchucker. About two years into ownership the magazine disappeared. Awkward single shot for many years after that, until I found that a Savage 22 mag would work.

Currently have a Savage 32. One magazine. Got a Colt Junior (Astra). Two mags, but one is Triple K and don't work, so one magazine.

And the really fun one is I have two Colt 1908 380s, with one magazine between the two of them.

And then there's the cost. If it's a military magazine, it's not TOO bad. Used to could find European FALs for five or six bucks. M16s for six or seven.

I've got a Styer hunting rifle. Magazines were 45 dollars, twenty years ago. I've already mentioned the fifty dollar CZs. HK PSP - 60 to 80 dollars for a magazine? I was very happy to only have to pay 20 bucks each for my Mini 14 magazines.