SHTF in Charlottesville, Va

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by firefighter1635, Aug 12, 2017.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

From what I'm gathering White Nationalists were protesting the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue by the city when ANTIFA douchebags showed up. Now there's two groups of douchebags going toe to toe. Governor issues state of emergency, national guard on stand-by. Car driven by a douchebag rammed through a crowd of douchebags......

I can't wait till dark when the real show starts. Dang, gotta make sure I have enough popcorn.:D

ms6852, carver, texdon and 6 others like this.
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You will not find the truth of this event on the MSM.

ms6852, carver, chaswea and 10 others like this.

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

Seems like a bunch of nutcases beating each other up. The only group I can support are they ones fighting to keep the Confederate heritage. I am a yankee but I feel that is a part of our history. Just like Lincoln and Grant.

ms6852, carver, chaswea and 18 others like this.
  5. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Yep, forget about the civil war, and we might be condemned to have another.

Police helicopter crashes bringing
    Body count to 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
    ms6852, carver, chaswea and 7 others like this.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

We can remember history without celebrating atrocities.

The Civil War was about slavery. Everyone who fought on the side of the Confederates was fighting for chattel slavery. "Confederate heritage" means the heritage of treating a large group of people as sub-human.

That's not something that we should celebrate or keep.

Ksman75, chaswea and BlackEagle like this.
  7. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

I completely disagree and have my entire life. I'll just end it at that, except to note that continued demonization of the soldiers of the CSA is going to cause blood to flow in the streets. Oopps , already has.

ms6852, carver, Ksman75 and 16 others like this.
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I think that is a load of crap myself. Slavery was just one of the issues that caused the War Against Northern Aggression. You read that whole page and the only thing you got out of it was slavery? You really think that we should just tear down anything and everything that has to do with Southern heritage!

ms6852, carver, Ksman75 and 19 others like this.
  9. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

The Civil War was about an overreaching Federal Government overstepping against the rights of the states and their citizens... Boy that sounds familiar! To demonize those who fought for what they truly believed in is to forget what Washington and his ilk fought for. Robert E. Lee is in fact a hero when you look into the simpler facts. He fought to protect, and defend the rights he had, was born with, and felt he should continue to have. To say that the Civil War was about slavery is to demonize an entire swath of the American culture of that time, then to support and defend the rights we have now is a hypocrisy.
    Yes slavery is wrong, but as the old saying goes, those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.
    Just my .02 for all that it's worth.

ms6852, carver, Ksman75 and 19 others like this.
  10. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Hi Jim...late afternoon here in the west and some commentator is speculating if the
    helicopter was shot down ...with that 'guessing' into an active mike, very soon it will
    be reported as actually happening....every news person seems to be trying for that
    scoop and to hell with it being factual...Chief

Ksman75, carver, chaswea and 6 others like this.
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

So nobody is going to read the link?

It's the statement that South Carolina issued when seceding. All of the overreaches relate to slavery. That was the issue.

Disagree all you want, I guess. But then don't lecture me about forgetting history and then repeating it.

ms6852, Ksman75 and chaswea like this.
  12. cec2

cec2 Well-Known Member

The way things have been going for the past few years, I'm not shocked that this has happened. I am in no way condoning it.

The protesters for the left have been looting and assaulting and getting away with it, and I suppose it was only a matter of time until some nut cases on the far right act like idiots in response. Someone posted in one of the other threads that the idiot who ran over the protesters had been attacked by someone with a baseball bat. Any truth to that?

Even if so, it does not justify using a vehicle as a deadly weapon. The ENTIRE cycle of violent protesters needs to be stopped by whatever force is necessary to stop it. One thing leads to another, and it's far, far past time it was stopped. What is wrong with people??

The MSM of course would like to paint all conservatives and Trump supporters with that broad brush, which would be very inaccurate. Violence by either group is atrocious. The things going on in this nation are heartbreaking. Pray for our nation.

carver, Ksman75, chaswea and 11 others like this.
  13. dbcooper

It was called The War of Northern Aggresion for a reason.

It was the South that was raped, invaded and occupied, thats enough to make any man fight

The average fighting man in the confederacy didn't own slaves. In fact only about 5 percent of whites in the south ever did.
    The south fought for their homeland like anyone would from an invading force.

Their legacy should be preserved and the memory of the atrocities of the Yankee Army should not be forgotten. Maybe we should take down the statues of the Condederate heros and replace them with plaques listing the war crimes committed by General Sherman

carver, Ksman75, chaswea and 20 others like this.
  14. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I'm not from the south, I've always been a northerner, but your statement is wrong on so many levels.

By the logic your implying, when a group of people that say, hate America, and think we shouldn't have ever broke away from the British, because all we've done since then is rape and pillage as a country. When that group of people get a big enough following, they'll be able to demand, and succeed in getting statues and memorials of George Washington and other founding fathers torn down?

These people that are demanding confederate memorials be removed are the problem. The civil war is, wether we like it or not, part of American history. No flag or statue or memorial is causing racism. Bitter democrats are causing racism. Kind of funny if you ask me because the democrats are the party of slavery, and that's a fact!

ms6852, carver, chaswea and 17 others like this.
  15. dbcooper

Apparently, yes, he does

carver, msheff, joe45c and 8 others like this.