The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got a list of sierra boolits in .308 150 thru 180 that have a cannelure?
sp flat back or boat tail.. etc.. bt prefered

have a hard time finding any.. don't really prefer the hornady i've had to use..

would even look at nosler...

tks

·
Registered
87 Posts
For what application in what calibre ? Most cannelured bullets in 30 cal. are of a RNFP or RN design for lever guns such as the 30-30. Some basic psp bullets such as Winchester Power Point or Remington Core-Lokt bullets are of a flat base design with a cannelure and quite suitable for hunting. Most of the very limited boat tails with a cannelure are of a FMJ design for match shooting from weapons such as the M1 Garand. I believe Hornady recently discontinued the standard Spire Point ( no Interlock ) bullet that was of the same configuration as the Rem. and Win. bullets mentioned. You can buy a tool made to custom cut cannelures in all bullets if so desired. I used one for years made by CH Tool & Die Co. when shooting and loading for an M14 . Not sure if this helps but just some FYI.

10 Spot

·
Registered
19,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i load for a few .308 cal guns.. so i might find them in anything from pump and on.. for lever I usually use soft points/round nose.. though if I ever get some of those hornady LR it might be nice. i do have a couple bolt ation 30-30 that I load spire in.

mainly 308 and 3006 etc ( boltguns )

·
Premium Member
8,771 Posts
I've been looking into this myself and the only ones I can find that say they are ok in a tube magazine are the Hornady FTX. I'm not sure on Nosler but Sierra says no on the ones they make. I'm sticking with the round nose for my old girl.

Reactions: Maynard Shooter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.