The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about ordering one from walmart the sig m400. Less than a 1000 bucks, the colt is a little over that. Already have one colt, but mines a late 70's. Anyways how are the sig ar's

·
Registered
259 Posts
Did little research on question,

they seem like your standard AR-affair, the only problems I've seen mentioned are failures-to-feed.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Thinking about ordering one from walmart the sig m400. Less than a 1000 bucks, the colt is a little over that. Already have one colt, but mines a late 70's. Anyways how are the sig ar's
I bought one awhile back, the Enhanced version with the Magpul furniture. I couldn't be happier with mine. I've not had any FTF or FTE with brass or steel cased ammo and I like the 1 in 7 twist chrome lined barrel. Just keep it lubed and you'll be ok.

I do like a couple of the simple features on the lower that most if not all the others don't have. The single point sling attachment milled into the lower, ambi mag release and there's a set screw adjuster under the pistol grip to keep the slop out of it, from what I understand you have to add a bushing type thing on the other lowers.

IMO you can't go wrong. I've been a Sig fan for alot of years (Pistols though) and have never had any issues with any of their products i've had so it was an easy choice for me.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
My friend just bought his from wally world about a month ago and we ran about 300 rounds thru it. Its not a bad gun. I will say my DPMS will out shoot it though. But, to be fair, I have spent more time with it. I wouldnt hesitate to own a sig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts