Sig Sauer: Mosquito Round Stuck

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Samss, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Samss

Samss New Member

I have been working with my gun at home, in my suburban, quiet neighborhood (not the best place to practice with live rounds; I have not shot any of course). Practicing with disarming, loading, racking, etc, to get more comfortable with the gun. I had just racked a round into the chamber and it got stuck. I have tried racking it many times, I have tried taking a thin metal object and try to wedge it between the round and the chamber, but nothing will make it come out. It is almost like the round is too big for the chamber, but I know that that is not the case because I have racked this same round out of my guns many times prior to the jam. Please help.

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  2. vassago

vassago Well-Known Member

Not something I like to do but if all else fails tap it out from the front however you are working with a "hot" firearm.
    Maybe other will have better advice.

I would however recommend you to go to the nearest hardware store and pick up some #4 drywall plugs. They work great as dummies and will even load from the magazine, they will also catch the firing pin and prevent any damage from dryfiring.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My best / only advice is to get your cleaning rod and stick it in the muzzle and carefully knock it out. Then lubricate your gun.

4. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Drywall anchors will not prevent dryfiring damage.

5. vassago

And why won't they? They will stop the firing pin and are softer than brass.

6. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The firing pin simply pierces them BECAUSE they are softer than brass.
    If they do happen to stop the firing pin before it contacts the chamber mouth, they can be useful-but they don't protect the firing pin at all.

7. vassago

They don't pierce them, they indent them just like brass.
    If they do, try another brand, mine work perfectly.