The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working with my gun at home, in my suburban, quiet neighborhood (not the best place to practice with live rounds; I have not shot any of course). Practicing with disarming, loading, racking, etc, to get more comfortable with the gun. I had just racked a round into the chamber and it got stuck. I have tried racking it many times, I have tried taking a thin metal object and try to wedge it between the round and the chamber, but nothing will make it come out. It is almost like the round is too big for the chamber, but I know that that is not the case because I have racked this same round out of my guns many times prior to the jam. Please help.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not something I like to do but if all else fails tap it out from the front however you are working with a "hot" firearm.
Maybe other will have better advice.

I would however recommend you to go to the nearest hardware store and pick up some #4 drywall plugs. They work great as dummies and will even load from the magazine, they will also catch the firing pin and prevent any damage from dryfiring.

·
Super Moderator
41,418 Posts
My best / only advice is to get your cleaning rod and stick it in the muzzle and carefully knock it out. Then lubricate your gun.

·
Registered
952 Posts
And why won't they? They will stop the firing pin and are softer than brass.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The firing pin simply pierces them BECAUSE they are softer than brass.
If they do happen to stop the firing pin before it contacts the chamber mouth, they can be useful-but they don't protect the firing pin at all.

·
Registered
952 Posts
They don't pierce them, they indent them just like brass.
If they do, try another brand, mine work perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts