The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my refund check for the return of my EOTech 512 Holographic Weapon Sight. I, like many, am leaning towards the Aimpoint PRO. They're hit and miss on finding them. I was sent a "Back in Stock" e-mail on Tuesday. I didn't see it until today, and jumped on the website to snag it. Already sold out. Well, as I've been waiting to pick one up, I started looking at the new Sig Sauer Romeo 4B Electro-Optics. They have a good warranty, and a very similar reticle to the EOTech. 2 MOA dot, with a 65 MOA Circle. That reticle was a big reason i picked up an EOTech in first place. It's pretty new, and there is really little on it other than Sig's information. It looks very promising. So I will ask the folks here, anyone have one, or know someone who does? I'll be purchasing it for my SHTF rifle.

Now I need to wait for Romeo 4B to be back in stock!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Daffyd, Well I'm sure by now after your post inquiring about information on the Sig Sauer Romeo 4B, that you finally got your Sig Sauer Romeo 4B!! I have mine about 5 weeks now and I love everything about this thing and more. All the tons of Youtube videos and other reviews and images on the internet don't do it justice. It's a nicer, even smaller overall size and package than what comes forth on the screen and a sweet little optic. What drawn me to this Red Dot Sight was also the Circle/Dot reticle as you and it's sharp as can be and I especially love the auto feature where it's always on standby and increases your battery life. - Just be careful when you do get it, that the mount clamp screws on either the high or low mount have tiny Torx head sizes and are easily stripped if you tighten down to hard while securing to the Picatinny rail. Only one mounting and I basically stripped much of the head of the High rise mount and then the low rise mount screw when I change weapon only one (1) time and never even fire the weapon as of yet. No big deal I guess, but just be aware that the screws are softer than you might we aware of. - My second and most concerning problem was and still is the fact that the "reticle" itself as much as I love it has been malfunctioning right out of the box. There is only two (2) reticles you are supposed to be getting, and that is the glorious circle/dot and if you hold both the Up/Down buttons together for a few seconds, you can have just the "Dot" reticle. Fine and dandy. My only problem is that while I have my Romeo 4B on sweet Romeo in that circle/dot reticle mode, the dot sometimes starts to flicker and disappears, leaving ONLY the outer Circle. No darn good and "Buyers Remorse" is already sinking in to my brain that maybe I should have just stayed with the Vortex sights which have been great do far. - Sometimes as I'm looking into the Romeo, the dot again just disappears right before my eyes and I have only a the huge 65 MOA Circle staring at me. That's 65 darn inches to aim at 100 yards to hope and get any kind of precise shots target. - I even tried to leave the sight on when I had the circle/red dot in view and walk away to test the AUTO feature. Sometimes when I come back and nudge the rifle while looking into the sight, the 65 MOA reticle ONLY appears /without any dot in the middle. That's about it Daffyd!!!! I indeed called Sig Sauer about the issue and of course they NEVER heard of such a problem before. .I now have to remove the Sight from it base mount yet again to get the SERIAL # off the sight to called Sig Sauer back with said number to authorize a return approval and shipping info to send it back to their tech lab for inspection and repair or replacement as need be. I just pray this is not going to be one of those obvious, "could not duplicate Problem as customers complaint" situations and they send back the same defective POS sight that that I purchased in the first place. So to ask if I have "Buyers Remorse", you bet I do, and whatever the outcome, this will be my last Sig Sauer Electo-Optics product ever. I don't care if my sight was a one in a million fluke lemon. They better say that indeed they found the problem was a defect and send me a brand new Romeo 4B! I should have been more skeptical cautious, knowing that they just got into the optics game very recently. I wish you luck with your Sig Sauer Sight and your SHTF weapon. I guess you can still shoot Zombies with only the quick acquisition 65 MOA Circle, but just slightly off the exact target at distance. Very nice not knowing when the sight will fail you when it's a crucial life and death scenario with the walking dead or just the ordinary walking violent savage murdering "Love" everyday criminal. Again, I hope you enjoy your Romeo for all it has to offer without any heartache Buyers Remorse!! GregAldo

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went and did it! The Romeo 4B is on my AR. I've hit the range a couple of times, and I'm very impressed. It has a crisp reticle, and you can interchange between the single dot, or the circle dot. I keep it on the circle dot. No complaints. None at all! We'll see if it can stand up to some hard use in a couple of weeks. I'm taking a tactical rifle course at the LGS.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Hadnt seen that one before. I just got the bushnell trs-25. I didnt want to spend the money that you did, so I went the cheaper route. From all I can read about it, the bushnell is supposed to be comparable to those in the price range of yours. I havent gotten to shoot it yet, so I dont know.

Hope you like the sig though. Let us know once you have put it through its paces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts