The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an outlet for the tiny sight mounting screws, you know the ones that are about size 6 with maybe 70+ TPI? I received a Williams sight on Saturday from an Ebay purchase and the seller only had one screw to go with it. It was for my Winchester 94 Trapper AE and it mounts on the top. Anyway after looking in every nook and cranny of my shop I found a scope mount with two of the screws which were the right diameter and pitch, but a little short. I used a little Locktite and mounted it anyway but want to replace them with some longer. You don't just waltz into ACE hardware and find them, and I really don't want to buy an entire kit box of screws for two. Any direction will be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
You need to know an exact size. Most scope mount screws are usually 6-48 or 5-40. Ace may have a 5-40 but doubtful on the 6-48. Brownells and mcmaster carr carry them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If it helps these are the same size as the two holes that are drilled and tapped on the left side of a standard top eject Winchester to mount a Williams (as my Buffalo Bill Commemorative 30-30 has) If I had to guess they are probably the 6-48 but If you know the size for those please advise because that is what I need! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
The scope mount screws that you used was it the screw that mounts the ring to the receiver or the screw that holds the ring together.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually there is no scope involved - these are for mounting a Williams Receiver Sight but it looks like they are the 6-48. I found a screw size cross reference chart for the smaller screws to their decimal equivalent and the caliper confirmed it. Thanks for the help though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts