Silk purse from Sow's Ear?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 1:23:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All

Silk purse from Sow's Ear?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This gun is one of the Century import DGFM Argentine Hi-Power 9mm pistols. It came in with a flat black paint finish in about 20% condition, with a really rough slide to frame fit. Really uglied up the showcase.

Now it has a matte blue finish on the top half, with a satin hard chrome finish on the frame and both mags. Refit the slide to the frame, polished the chamber and feed ramp, and adjusted the trigger to 6# with the magazine safety still intact. Bore is excellent.

These Argentine HiPowers are quality pistols and can really clean up well with a little effort.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 4/9/02 2:24:29 pm

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 4:23:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Silk purse from Sow's Ear?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neat lookin' pistola, Doc. Is it a keeper?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/9/02 4:23:56 pm)
    Yep a silk purse from a sows ear.

I should buy one of them

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 4:30:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Silk purse from Sow's Ear?
    Actually, I put in the the showcase more as an example of the refinishing and it sold within two hours.

www.apaxenterprises.com

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/9/02 5:39:52 pm)
    Doc, do you do your own bluing? I've got a couple of revolvers that need it. Colt .38 Police Positive 4 inch barrel, and a S&W M-1917 .45 acp...which is one of me favorites.

Whats the story and regs on shipping my firearms to your business. I don't have any permits like a lot of you gents.

Gunguy

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 7:56:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Silk purse from Sow's Ear?
    GG, all is explained on the website, click on the link below.

www.apaxenterprises.com