The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. What are some of the questions you have been asked while you were reloading or casting that made you smile ? I had put some wheel weights in a pot today and melted them down for ingots . I mark with a sharpie what the ingots are soft lead S , hard lead HD and wheel weights WW . My wife walks by later when I am putting stuff up and asks why I have MM on the ingots ? I say it's for Mike's Metal . Ok . God I love her !!!!

·
Registered
17,130 Posts
I never thought about a sharpie. I used a cold chisel. L for lead and W for wheel weights.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must add also , me and my wife gig each other all the time . Don't matter were we have fun doing it trying to out do each other . My favorite one is she had a doctors apt and we both went back together and the nurse ask questions and one was "do you drink " before she could answer I remembered John Waynes line in Rooster Cogburn " I ain't had a drink since breakfast " I changed it to "She hasn't" . The nurse busted out laughing and guess she told Dr cause he was laughing when he came in . Mrs. soonerfan was not laughing .

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Not to hijack the thread (but God knows I have been known to do that plenty of times here over the past 20 years...😉) but one time my wife was asked by a relative if she was Polish after she had used a Polish word she heard either me or my family use over the years and she answered “No, only by injection.”

We had no idea what she INTENDED to say because everyone who heard it was rolling on the floor either because they had dirty minds OR the shade of red her face had suddenly turned when she realized what she had said!😂😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
12,361 Posts
No surprise to say I shoot mostly cast bullets. The one comment/question I get most often is "won't those lead your barrel something terrible?" I don't mind that one and almost always explain the ins and outs, rights and wrongs of how cast bullets behave. It's the guys who TELL me, "you're never gonna get all the lead out of your barrel from shooting those lead bullets." Those I ordinarily tell "only if you're too stupid to learn how to make them work."

Of all my wife's amazing attributes, a sharp wit and quick sense of humor are not among them. Come to think of it, no one in her family is so blessed.

·
Premium Member
12,361 Posts
I had a person ask " is that really gunpowder you are putting in those cases ? "
Why no, it's dyed Cream of Wheat with some dyed corn meal mixed in and just a few strands of Black Widow spider web and two drops of stump water. Once inside the case and the bullet is seated the absence of light and oxygen along with a chemical reaction of the ingredients transform it into gunpowder. You see, this really is black magic....... 😁

·
Premium Member
12,361 Posts
My wife has horses you talk about a money pit . She don't say a word .
Cheapest thing about a horse is buyin' it.....but boy, did I love mine dearly!!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
A buddy ask me why do I so carefully measure each load of powder they all come up to the same level. Then he suggested that I just dip the brass in the powder & fill it to the same level, it should be the same right. LOL
I told him SPEED KILLS. LOL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts