Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

I put a couple of drops on a shaving brush to coat my rifles and pistols. And yes, a little goes a long way.

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm the shaving brush type myself but yeah BB's started going in the mix day before yesterday here .. ( it's a .30 cal ss ball in case you run short )

3. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I took my chicom M37 12 gauge copy out in the rain last week and took it all apart to let it dry out. Even though I had been handling the gun with bare hands in the rain all I had to do was wipe it down with a clean rag after it dried up. There is still oil on the surface, enough that I did not have put more on. It sticks and it keeps on working even after you give it a work out. I imagine a good parkerized finish will hold this oil forever and a day if it works on plain blued steel that good.......

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

sweet, now yall got me wantin some...

5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Any particular kind of BB's? I have some copper plated steel bb's but no stainless.
    I havnt used it yet on any guns but I did apply some SBGO to the ram on my Lee Pro 1000. I let go of the handle and it just drops down like magic. Tomorrow I will try it out on my 1911's.

6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I just put 5 or 6 of the zinc plated BBs for my sons BB gun in the bottle. It takes a bit before I hear them rattling around in there, but it mixes it up real good.

I put it on all the internal parts on my chicom Ithaca M37 and when I press the disconnector the slide falls all the way down.

Amazing product!!

7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i got stainless as a joke really so not to screw up the USDA approval ;)

its food grade stainless ( maybe funny just to me too) oh well

glad you all like it as much as I do

8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Smile Jack! You're on candid camera. Heres two different stickers with the same writing.

Attached Files:

9. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Like Boris was saying about haveing a gun out in the rain, it works well. I had my rifle out in the down pouring rain the other day and it got a good soaking (SBGO first, then rain):D, came in and let it dry off a bit and wiped it down and it still had a "film", coat of the sbgo oil still left on it. It just stays on there! It is some good stuff.

10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Got it today Shooter.

Question to all the owners...

I don't have any bb's/shot/bearings, etc.
    Hat else do you thiink I could use? I could pull the lead on some .22s or would a few small screws work?

Thanks Sam, I'll play with it over the weekend and report back.:D

11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

GUn Clinger sorry for not responding ( sorta got caught up here )

one shot one soul is the arabic script, its a stylised version ( fancy writing like used on shops) so had to look it up .. sorta like looking at olde english or german script its all there just didnt recognise it .

cheers

12. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I would use some galvanized screws before I used a lead pellet........

13. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

After reading all these posts, y'all got me wanting some. Uncle Sam got me hooked on CLP,but I'm always ready to try something better. Might have to order some next payday.

14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Why?

I wasn't thinking of galvanized, as it's just a coating that can flake off. Zinc plated would be better, but then, it's still just a plating. Lead is lead, though it could also leave remnants in the mix. Machine screws should be protected by the lubricant. No?

15. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I guess you would be good to go with plain ole steel ones too lol. Dunno how it would react to the copper in a brass screw though........