Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Another bottle of SBGO went out today to......................................................................................................Double D !!!!

Congratulations. Let us know how you like it.

2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...here's another bit to add...
    Over the past 3 days I have been trying to "brush" up on my handgun shooting. So, got the single six out and the H&R plus a semi-auto and a bolt .22 rifle. I changed two scope on the rifles, so the needed dialed in and fired numerious rounds through both rifles.
    But between the two revolvers, Ive put over 600 rounds of different types of ammo, including winchester xpert hv. When I 1st got the SBGO, I cleaned most of my guns and put the sbgo on them. Well, after all the fire power been sent out, cleaned them down this evening. The two revolvers came clean real easy! All the powder/residue basically wiped right off with ease. And after cleaning with solvent, they still had a "film" of the sbgo on them. When I first put it on them, I lightly put in in the barrels and cylinder chambers. Came right out and was the easiest cleaning Ive ever done!
    This oil is the best of the best and anyone who owns a firearm needs the Silver Bullet Gun Oil....cant say enough about it...It is the best there is, or the best Ive ever used or will ever use again! Its awesome...cant say enough about it!! Man..nuff said, I reckon...:)

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

SBGO tests 1 and 2 complete. #1 was a thorough cleaning and SBGO-ing of my reloading press. Very happy with the results. I also cleaned and applied it to all of my collet dies, again super satisfied. My equipment seems to glide on a glass surface with absolutely no drag whatsoever, the collet dies seem to have 'cushion' now where the Mpro7 did not seem to provide any, I believe SBGO may be the cure for the galling of Lee collet dies, their 1 and only fault IMO.

Test #2 was a thorough cleaning and application to my ruger mini 14 ranch rifle. I very thoroughly stripped the entire rifle down for meticulous cleaning and degreasing, SBGO was applied everywhere metal rubbed together, including the trigger assembly pins and sear/disconnector surfaces. The barrel was cleaned to benchrest specs and SBGO applied to the bore. Then to the range where I proceeded to run 200 rounds thru it at random speeds. Needless to say I got er plenty hot and dirty in a very short amount of time. I was very surprised to find the SBGO did not displace or cook-off, the bore even seemed to retain a film, and clean-up took 3 patches soaked with SBGO, I could barely see copper streaking. The rest of the rifle took a wipedown with a grease rag and a touch more SBGO where it looked like it needed it... Point is, a clean up that would have normally taken me at least 30 minutes took 10 if that. At this point i am very impressed with this product, however, I have several more tests to put it through that involve all types of weapons and ammo... I suspect my expectations will be exceeded based on the preliminary results...

4. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Has anybody tested this stuff in cold weather?

Just wondering how it would do in a late elk hunt.

os

5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its been pretty cold here in Texas the past few days (30s) and its been fine.

6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Not really cold, but I fired a few guns today when it was 20F.

P32, XD9 with original application on it still from the day I got the oil and a M4 that has had the original coat on it a month.

All weapons functioned perfect.......

7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

well my one chance to test it in cold weather came and went , i stayed by the fire .. so much for dedicated testing , but showed it withstands spills of whiskey !!!

8. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Guess I should have qualified "cold".

I was thinking 0 F or colder.

20s and 30s are t shirt weather. :)

os

9. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I't done well in my "t-shirt" weather...15-20* is all Ive been out in, sept I wasnt wearing a t-shirt!:eek:

10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I got my silver bullet yesterday! Havent used it yet but I will later today. Thanks so much!

11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Just remember to SHAKE it as it takes some time to mix. The problem has been corrected by adding a ball bearing but not in the bottle you have.
    I'm ordering another case to giveaway and the new bottles will be easier to mix. :)

12. Double D

Hey, I was shaking my new gun oil and decided to drop in a few BBs to help. That didnt really do the trick so I just got a 40 cal jacketed bullet and dropped it in and its perfect. Good to go!!

13. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ok, I am now curious. Why not use the original bottle for shaking with pellet added? What have you found makes a good substitute bottle?

I haven't used my SBGO as I have been dowm and out for a few weeks but as soon as I am back to normal I have planned to use it on all the guns. I have been following all the test info anxiously.

Congrats Double D

14. Double D

What shooter was saying is the bottle I have doesnt contain the steel ball to mix with and the new ones he is getting does. I just added my own...

15. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Alright I'll accept that. Just a foggy old senile brain not running on all eight today. :D

Thanks