The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simmons scope, 44Mag 6-21 x 44, Anyone here use one? Are they any good? Would this be a good 200-300 yard scope for a 223?
Thanks in advance,, G

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I've owned a few Simmons scopes and I've never had a problem with them. They're not the best for low light shooting, but they get the job done. I have one that I used on my long range rifle (out to 500 meters) for 15 years. I gave it to my son a couple of years ago, he still has it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a simmons 44 mag scope I belive the same model on one of my 243 rifles. And yes its a good scope I use this rifle as a back up for coyotes. I have shot deer and antelope at 200-300 yds. With this same scope and rifle no problem. Simmons has always worked well for me and at a good price.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a Simmons mounted on my 223,,,never a problem then I mounted a 2nd one on my M14 and I,m not sure but it lost Zero after 3 outings,,,so I put it on a newly acquired 22-250 and I think the lighter recoil will be perfect,,,never a quality Problem with either one of them,,,,,I would also Give Vortex a Look

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Im a scope snob and not qualified to answer this question.. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 44mag 6x24 with TT.
It is fine for what I use it for, smallbore silhouette.
So far the adjustments are repeatable.
However, you generally get what you pay for...

·
Registered
97 Posts
That is the way i see it, when it comes to simmons scopes i have had a number of them. I bought deals from stores like K-Mart and wally-world. Some were good for shooting some were not so good. I call them buy backs well , pay your money and take your chances. However the best scopes from simmons i have used and liked were the ones from the simmons factory direct ordering. In other words i am not pleased with the scope deals that you get from the department stores.

bigdad5

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have a 24 power on my Remington .22-.250 that I have never seen before...got it in 92 when Simmons moved there warehouse to GA for Hurricane Andrew...I have never seen another like it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Last Tuesday I put a Simmons 4.5x18x 44 predator quest scope on my Remington 22-250. Its great Im hitting P-dogs at 250-300yds no problem.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I bought one of the Simmons 44mag scope about 20+ years ago to go on my .243
Remington and it was a variable power, just cant recall right off hand.
Low light shooting...well lets just say I thought it was me that couldn't see good!
I've had 2 others since, different models and my "eye sight" never did get any better with
Simmons scopes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts