The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
284 Posts
My first handgun was 1851 Navy. Got it when I was 9 yrs. old. Actually mom bought it for me cause I told her it was not a real gun. hehe Single action being my first experience, plus the fact that I love the old west, makes me go with the singles. Going to save my money and get a stainless Ruger Single 9 next.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Bought this new in 1976. Shows some wear but still shoots like new.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mom gave me her Ruger Single Six and it will always be my favorite.

Second would be my .44 Mag stainless Blackhawk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, new to this forum.

I guess I like most all guns, but for accuracy, I seem to shoot double action revolvers best.

A couple of my favorites:

H&R 999 fitted with two barrels

S&W Model 17-3 made in 1978, I believe,

Taurus Old Model 96, kind of a clone of the S&W K-22 made in 1987.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'll go along with the guys who say Ruger Single-Six. For hunting, they are very accurate, ruggedly built and totally reliable. My only complaint is the time it takes to load and unload a single-action when spending a day plinking and burning up a lot of ammo.

The S&W model-17 is a gun I've never fired but their reputation for finish, smoothness and accuracy, plus easy loading and dumping of spent shells put it on my "Wanted" list.

The H&R model-99 is another winner for me because of the top-break action that has to be extremely quick to load and eject. I hope to find one that is very accurate.

I sure wish we could interest Ruger in coming out with a modern 'Top-Break" revolver.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I used to have a nickel plated single action imported sixer. I loved shootin it and didn't think reloadin took to long. I don't remember the brand and unfortuantly I'll never know less the gin fairy returns it to me.

Sent from my N850L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Love my Ruger Bearcat. It's more like a work of art that goes bang. Plus it is a dream to carry. I can hit a nickel at 5 yards, which is bad news for my aggressive snakes. then again, I sure like squeezing the trigger on my ruger .22/45. It just goes bang every time.

·
Registered
712 Posts
That would be Didi,,,
My S&W Model 18 Combat Masterpiece.

Second favorite would be Lilith,,,
S&W Model 63.

Why are they my favorites?

Because I hit what I aim at with these lovely ladies.

Aarond

Reactions: Danwin22

·
Registered
72 Posts
Between the Ruger Single Six convertible and the Smith 617, I come down four-square for both. In .22WMR my Single Six used to be the most accurate pistol in my battery. That is, until I added the 617 (10-shot) and put a red dot on it. The 617 gets lots of exercise at club Steel Challenge matches.

·
Premium Member
17,824 Posts
I would have to say DA's in a 22. I only have one, a K-22 Masterpiece. When it comes to SA's I have to go to centerfire's with my two favorite cartridges being the grand old 45 Colt and then 32-20's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.