70 Posts
My Preferences for 22s in No Order:
Rugers
Old Mark 1s (Semi Auto) LR
Old Single Six (SAA) Mag

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the single action myself because like you said it reminds me of the old west and I love history. My favorite pistol is my ruger single six.

·
Banned
284 Posts
My first handgun was 1851 Navy. Got it when I was 9 yrs. old. Actually mom bought it for me cause I told her it was not a real gun. hehe Single action being my first experience, plus the fact that I love the old west, makes me go with the singles. Going to save my money and get a stainless Ruger Single 9 next.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
to fill the pot single action will be more accurate,to shoot cans and range debris then go double.i shoot my single six more than any of my other 22s. old semperfi

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
S&W Model 17 is my favorite DA .22 revolver.

The only SA .22 I own is a Colt Frontier Scout with a 7.5" barrel. It shoot like a laser.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Double Nine is as close as I'll get to any other 22 dbl action. Double action is meant for .38 and larger. I still prefer my Colt Scouts and Single Sixes. Here's my $40 gun show special that goes to the range or hunting more than any of my other revolvers.

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
Bought this new in 1976. Shows some wear but still shoots like new.

Ruger 22 Singel Six.JPG

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mom gave me her Ruger Single Six and it will always be my favorite.

Second would be my .44 Mag stainless Blackhawk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, new to this forum.

I guess I like most all guns, but for accuracy, I seem to shoot double action revolvers best.

A couple of my favorites:

H&R 999 fitted with two barrels

S&W Model 17-3 made in 1978, I believe,

Taurus Old Model 96, kind of a clone of the S&W K-22 made in 1987.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'll go along with the guys who say Ruger Single-Six. For hunting, they are very accurate, ruggedly built and totally reliable. My only complaint is the time it takes to load and unload a single-action when spending a day plinking and burning up a lot of ammo.

The S&W model-17 is a gun I've never fired but their reputation for finish, smoothness and accuracy, plus easy loading and dumping of spent shells put it on my "Wanted" list.

The H&R model-99 is another winner for me because of the top-break action that has to be extremely quick to load and eject. I hope to find one that is very accurate.

I sure wish we could interest Ruger in coming out with a modern 'Top-Break" revolver.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I used to have a nickel plated single action imported sixer. I loved shootin it and didn't think reloadin took to long. I don't remember the brand and unfortuantly I'll never know less the gin fairy returns it to me.

Sent from my N850L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Regardless of the gun being SA or DA, I shoot SA 99% of the time.

Reactions: Danwin22

·
Registered
383 Posts
Regardless of the gun being SA or DA, I shoot SA 99% of the time.
Fatstrat I was thinking the same as you were. The only advantage is the reloading process being quicker. Today with the price of ammo you may want to take more time and enjoy it. Oh by the way I'm a Teleman.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My favorite double action .22s are my S&W Model 17 and 617. My favorite single action .22 is my stainless Bearcat. Cute little toy that shoots quite well.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Love my Ruger Bearcat. It's more like a work of art that goes bang. Plus it is a dream to carry. I can hit a nickel at 5 yards, which is bad news for my aggressive snakes. then again, I sure like squeezing the trigger on my ruger .22/45. It just goes bang every time.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That would be Didi,,,
My S&W Model 18 Combat Masterpiece.

Second favorite would be Lilith,,,
S&W Model 63.

Why are they my favorites?

Because I hit what I aim at with these lovely ladies.

Aarond

Reactions: Danwin22

·
Registered
72 Posts
Between the Ruger Single Six convertible and the Smith 617, I come down four-square for both. In .22WMR my Single Six used to be the most accurate pistol in my battery. That is, until I added the 617 (10-shot) and put a red dot on it. The 617 gets lots of exercise at club Steel Challenge matches.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
I would have to say DA's in a 22. I only have one, a K-22 Masterpiece. When it comes to SA's I have to go to centerfire's with my two favorite cartridges being the grand old 45 Colt and then 32-20's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts