The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off a revolver at the gunsmith’s this morning and while there I notices this holster. Appears to be all hand tooled, good quality leather made by a company called Viking. Now off for a little leather conditioning and it’ll be good to go.

EBD220A5-F6FB-4E85-AAE1-F53A6EE557D9.jpeg
FB8BA677-7DB5-45E3-97DB-4236C6618214.jpeg

·
TFF Chaplain
19,765 Posts
Beautiful.

·
GUNZILLA
6,495 Posts
Sweet holster. I've always enjoyed the look of a basketweave.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just bought a Wrangler and now looking for a holster. That basketweave is very nice. May I ask what price you paid? I'm also considering new wooden grips to replace the black plastic ones. Any opinions on grips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks guys. Telcotech, went to the site and saw several pairs I'd be interested in, but it's like ammo, all out of stock. I hear that the after market grips add a little bulk to the grip which would be an improvement.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks guys. Telcotech, went to the site and saw several pairs I'd be interested in, but it's like ammo, all out of stock. I hear that the after market grips add a little bulk to the grip which would be an improvement.
BigT I am same way . I like a little heft to my grips . And I never gave basket weave holsters much thought till I ran across this one , really happy I grabbed it . The my revolver a Uberti Peacemaker clone looks good with it . The grips on it seemed to narrow and I picked up a set off ebay that greatly helped keeping a good grip on it .

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is a Viking #75 and as you can see is made for a host of semi-autos but I’m telling ya, it’s like it was made for this Single Six. I put my Wrangler in it and it’s a bit lose.

9182FB27-F18B-4751-8BB9-40CDF43C1E94.jpeg

·
Premium Member
12,433 Posts
Boy that's nice! Except for the leather where it covers the sight that could almost be a Tom Threepersons style.....I think. That or Bill Jordan's.

Reactions: Firpo

·
Super Moderator
26,995 Posts
Very nice.

·
Banned
122 Posts
I have the little Ruger stamped version for my single six, form fitting and pressed to conform to the gun itself, and works very well. Does not have any basket weave or anything to admire except the Ruger stamp. I think I caught it on sale for half price, $30, I think. I really like basket weave especially on 1911s. Nice grips on your also. They look really good against that blue steel gun.

Single-Six® Family Revolvers Triple K Belt Holster, RH, 6-1/2" Barrel-ShopRuger

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boy you weren’t kiddin’ Vic. It’s very similar to a Bill Jordan. Never heard of either
(not sure how you remember all these names).

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts