Six New Sig Magazines

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Alaska444, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

110B29C4-51B7-4A32-8F1E-4196555220B7.jpeg C41E4184-D378-41D1-BEC7-5B1993B43738.jpeg My current carry gun is a Sig 227 in 45 acp. It came with only 2 magazines.

A couple Of weeks ago, I ordered 6 more magazines directly from Sig (and 4 Glock 20 magazines) The Glock arder came yesterday and the Sig order today.

With the huge demand right now, only 2 weeks only on back order is outstanding.

I now have 8 for each gun. One is my carry gun, the other is my primary woods gun with my secondary SP101 in 357.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

That is a good looking chest rig! I can't see if that is an emblem on the strap going over the shoulder, so I was wondering if that is an Alien Gear rig.

Yuck, coffee flavored ice cream - the words ice and coffee should never be used in the same sentence.

Gudaki likes this.

3. Alaska444

Sorry about the Coffee Ice-cream. I didn't want to cause any distress. And, it wasn't my intention to attach, so off it went. But yup, I have always liked coffee ice-cream.

The "chest holster" that I wear more like a belly holster comes from Gunfighters Inc for $150.00. It is a great fit for the gun and well made and comfortable to wear. My SP101 is quite light weight (to me at 25 oz) and handles +P ammo well even if I don't really like the recoil of those rounds. Quite a snap they are.

With my dialysis fistula, my SP101 is loaded in all 5 chambers and ready to go. With the "chest holster" holding the gun pointed right at my dialysis fistula access, I don't keep one round hot in the chamber and must rack it to load it. Might not be the best way to get into action, but I don't like crossing my huge dialysis access with a live round continuously and especially drawing from that position.

If I need more than 5 rounds first time around, probably 15 rounds in on magazine won't make much of a difference. With wolves seen as close a 1/3rd of a mile from my suburban home, the 15 round Glock makes more sense in wolf country and you won't necessarily need it instantaneously like with a mt lion or bear. The SP101 solves those issues and the Glock solves the wolf issue where usually they present themselves before an attack.

(Actually, what I have heard second hand from Fish and Game is that usually if you see a wolf in front of you, that is a decoy to keep you from seeing the 2 or 3 other wolves flanking you from behind so usually you have a bit of time and warning from wolves.)

Gudaki likes this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

No distress,when I lived in Rhode Island and I assune it is still, the "state drink" was Iced Coffee, never could stand the thought of it. It may be the best tasting stuff in the world, but I could not bring myself to taste it.

Now back to the first sentence in my post, it that an Alien Gear chest rig?

Alaska444 and howlnmad like this.
  5. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Looks like it's a Gunfighters Inc rig.
    https://gunfightersinc.com/design-principals/

Alaska444 and gdmoody like this.
  6. Alaska444

Yes, it is as I mentioned in my bit of a rambling above. (I have yet to learn the blessings of brief comments, Oh well.)

Nope, I agree, I have never been much of a fan of Iced Coffee, but coffee ice cream was always one of my brother's favorites and I caught part of that bug, but not as bad as he did.

The Holster is from Gunfighters, INC and is a great holster for $150.00.

PS, the Glock is the Glock 40 in 10 mm which is the elongated cousin of the popular Glock 20 woods gun. I use the Buffalo Bore 190 gr "full metal" that they just came out with recently for my woods carry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2020