SKS Range Report

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 20, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mustang7513
    (2/16/03 8:57:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All SKS Range Report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I fianally made it to the range with the new SKS. What a blast to shoot. At first I wasn't even sure I was hitting the side of the hill. Worked on sighting it in and not it seems to be quite accurate. I read about these guys shooting 2-4 groupings at 100 yards. I can't even see a target that small at 100 yards much less hit it. Would say my old eyes have something to do with that.

After a few clips of ammo and sight adjustments I was at least keeping most shots on a 8.5" X 11" piece of paper. Then my wife says, "Let me try it". So I let her and her first shot is a bullseye!!! Boy was I a bit embarassed . Now not all her shots were bullseyes, but she did much better than I did. Must be my old eyes considering hers are a bit younger than mine. Guess this may turn out to be more here SKS than mine.

I tend to be more accurate with the M1 carbine and Garand and I think it may have something to do with the peep sights. Are peep sights available for the SKS?

Anyway, despite my lack of accuracy, it is a fun gun to shoot and I wil keep.

P.S. I was shooting the Wolf ammo and not a single problem with it and we put 117 round through it.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/17/03 8:26:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SKS Range Report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the SKS. Be careful, your wife will take that SKS away from you for good!!

There are peep sights available for the SKS. Mojo Peep sights are reportedly very good. Check out this page for info: www.redstararms.com/AK-47...etail.html . It is for the AK-47 and SKS.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

mustang7513
    (2/17/03 2:12:28 pm)
    Thanks Sniper,

I tried the link you supplied but it went no where. Just thought you might like to know. If there was an error in the link, please post again.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/17/03 4:46:42 pm)
    Well, I'll be darned. It worked this morning. I guess they changed the URL. This one should be correct: www.mojosights.com/ak47_sks.html
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

mustang7513
    (2/20/03 12:15:34 am)
    Checked out the mojo sights. Might be an option, though I am going to keep with the current sights until I have shot it a bit more... assuming my wife will let go of it once in a while.