Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

SKS RIFLE

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tim peterson, Apr 9, 2009.

1. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

I know you have seen this before,but Im asking agian. A very good frind of mine has picked up a chinese sks for next to nothing ( his words.) Its in very good conditon and fires every round. So were asking whats it worth in april of 2009 ? Thanx Tim.

2. okeeemt

okeeemt New Member

need pics and shape of it. probably 200 to 250. chinese are the most common. also do the numbers match

3. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Sorry have no pics, its in real good shape. No scratches or wear marking and the numbers do match.

4. okeeemt

okeeemt New Member

probably 250. also what kind of mags. and is the stock wood or plastic and also does it have a bayonet

5. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

It has a 10 round magazine, wood stock and I would say a flat point Bayonet . There is also a cleaning rod under the bayonet.

6. okeeemt

okeeemt New Member

maybe 300 then. sounds like a nice chinese. the reason they arent worth as mcuh is because the the metal was mostly stamped not milled. and because they are know to have not been made as good. russian are what the most wanted sks. Although there is nothing wrong with yours. Have fun shooting and be safe. I hope you enjoy.

7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

300 would be at the very upper extreme unless it had the shorter paratrooper barrel, also marketed under the name sks cowboy. you can buy the yugo's for 225 to 260 all day long and they're better guns

8. okeeemt

okeeemt New Member

the reason i say 300. Is because if it is nice factory condtion. plus the fact military rifles have been going up in prices. i live in south fla. This is a place guns usually bring a tad bit more money

9. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I'm no expert, but I would actually say you could probably sell it for up to $400 right now. I've seen them for this price more than one place. They were going for $180 to $250 a year ago, but with the political climate prices have jumped.

10. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Hey guys thanks so much for the info. We sold it for 300 thanx again. Tim.

11. okeeemt

okeeemt New Member

congrats.. what did you guys buy it for? also when you buy another sks. lookfor a russian sks.