SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/28/01 8:58:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I mounted the Scope and mount on my Romanian SKS last night, and it looks pretty nice, even if I can't figure why a guy would want to do that. Took more work fitting it than I thought it would...

I think I'm going to hang it out on AA this week for a nice price, see if I get any bites...

Cheapest SKS I saw at the show yesterday was $269.00, I'll see what interest I get...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/7/01 11:02:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you ever get any bites???

H.

polishshooter
    (11/9/01 3:52:06 pm)
    NO Thank God!

I even lowered the price to $250, free shipping...had almost 200 people look at it though.

I was going to relist it, but decided to call the place that supposedly had some left that I intended to buy another one from after I sold this one, and all they had left was non-matching, "No finish"(!), for $139.

I'm going to keep it, probably won't find another as good as it is, they have all dried up it looks like.

In fact, I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't buy TWO of them at the price I paid a year ago...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

A Professional
    (11/11/01 9:56:13 pm)
    8 years ago you could get them still in grease, excellent condition at $90 to $110 a pop. Wish I had jumped on that investment.

polishshooter
    (11/11/01 10:03:49 pm)
    Yeah but Romanians are CR like the Russians, and three years ago or so nobody knew Romania even made any...kind of limited supply...I heard for police use only...

I got mine dirt cheap on a "Monthly special" at SOG, handpick last year, but now they dried up.

I'm wondering hownheck Rob C knew about the Yugoslavian SKSs so quick, He mentioned like a week ago they were coming in, but as yet I've seen nothing, and really didn't know they made any, either...until Bob said Interordinance has them this week in the new SGN for like $250, which means other people will have the same things soon for $150...but I haven't got my new SGN yet...

TallTLynn
    (11/11/01 10:50:07 pm)
    polish - local gun store here has had ads on the TV all day of Romanian AK's and SKS's for sale at their store. Kinda wonder where they got them from.

polishshooter
    (11/12/01 12:12:12 am)
    Probably they are the ones that bought all of them up from the distributors I'm shopping too, which is why the distributors are now out of them...

I doubt that they are asking $159.99 for them, which was the last dealer price I got on a VG+, all matching except for stock ones I found at Clearview. Everybody else, SOG, J&G, AIM, FAC, etc, is out....

Give them a call, T, ask them what they want for a Romanian SKS, I'm curious....

Now I know the Romanian AKs are still available from SOG....they might even be CHEAPER than the SKSs now....

Mine is all matching INCLUDING stock, which is why I thought I could get what I asked...but still, I'm over it, it's a keeper......