The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been addressed previously and I just don't know it. First time here. Behind and above our bed is a strobe light attached to a switch. It faces the bedroom door. If alarm on door is set off I yell "gun" and the wife knows where to roll. The strobe is behind me, lighting the doorway.

· Registered
1,956 Posts
That's actually a very good plan. Killing his night vision is good so long as it doesn't do the same to yours. Certain frequencies of sound also serve well to disorient an intruder. Anything that moves the advantage to you is worth doing.

Now, do you have a concealed/cover position(s) to take that will enhance that advantage?

· Banned
1,858 Posts
I'm sure this has been addressed previously and I just don't know it. First time here. Behind and above our bed is a strobe light attached to a switch. It faces the bedroom door. If alarm on door is set off I yell "gun" and the wife knows where to roll. The strobe is behind me, lighting the doorway.
what kind of gun? it seems like yall are really prepared

· Banned
5,425 Posts
Not sure we need anything other than our 3 dog alarm. Anyone comes near the door and they go nuts. Also, they are inside with us at night. Pistols are in a few locations and accessible easily since we know where they are. Anyone trying to force their way into our house at night would simply be committing suicide.

· Registered
19,162 Posts
nice.. I bet you could add a 90-110db alarm module ( radio shack piezo alarm speaker single or dual tone ) and mount it head level outside your doorway tot he bedroom.. that way if a perp comes to the bedroom and tries to muscle the door open.. you can have the strobe lamps on him, and the alarm, and you can get that much more advantage.

· Registered
9,391 Posts
Here is something that I do.

Our bedroom door is locked and we are going to order a pry lock that goes against the door knob. Then, our front room light is remote control operated so if someone breaks into the house and I hear it, of if they make it to my bedroom door and begin making noise to get it my wife heads for the walk in closet to get her gun, I roll off the side of the bed hitting the remote and I rack my 12 guage shotgun. I can see all foot movement under the door and I can tell if he leaves or if he is just standing there. I would recommend a remote light control to anybody.

· Registered
19,162 Posts
on our bedroom, we decided to have an exterior door installed.. to go with that we had a reinforced jamb as well, and it has a deadbold.

sure.. it can still be breached.. just not as fast and easyily as a regular hollow interior door. during that critical extra second or so that the attacker has to really put a shoulder or sledge tot he jamb, both me and the wife can roll out of the bed. she has a tactical lamp and 38 on her side.. and I do as well, plus I usually have one of my 380 pocket guns as well.. either a keltec p3at or a sig p238.. whatever I was carrying that day. right between is is a trusty 12g MB 500 pump with 3" mags/buckshot. we ahve 2 places for cover in the room that will provide some significan't protection from the attacker if he is armed with a range weapon. not perfect.. but better than giving up and waiting for the police to get there and save us..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.