The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Near impossible to find. Anyone have a line on them online??
My LGS had quite the selection of primers. About 30,000 primers of all sizes. I hope you find some in your area. I think online is going to be tough because people are literally scanning for them and snagging them up as they get them and many are back ordering and no one knows how back logged they really are. I think your best bet is to have cash ready to drop and keep checking the local shops.

I hope you find them soon.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
My local LGS told me yesterday that all he has for sale is on ********* :(
The trick IMO is to be diligent in going to the LGS every day. I went into 5 different gun shops this week, and 4 of those five I went to 3 times. I entered gun shops 13 times this week and netted 1100 rounds of 9mm bullets, and 1000 primers. So you just need to be there. Also, I always say HI to the guys and that helps because sometimes they will stash something back because they know I will be there on a regular basis. If you communicate with them and befriend them they will get to know you and then they might hold something for you.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ive about given up, in fact I called a lgs yesterday and the guy was pretty short with me which was pretty unprofessional. I simply said, "hello sir, I have a dumb question but any spp's at all" he quickly said NO! and hung up. I ordered some from Powder Valley a looong time ago and got an email with shipping totals, I dont know if that means they're close to shipping or what. I did score some 209 primer's but those are still around. The place I got the 209's at, the owner said he was at a gun show and his supplier said a very good possibility we won't see any until November if not next year!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just keep checking your local gun shop. I stop in regularly and the other day I walked in just after the owner walked in with 10,000 sm pistol primers (Win). I normally don't "stock up", I buy 1,000 and when those are gone, I go buy another 1,000. This time I bought 2,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.