Small print guarantee

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/4/02 10:21:22 am)
    Reply Small print guarantee
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate companies who won't stand behind their products.

I have chrome peeling off a bathroom faucet so I called American Standard since it has a life time guarantee.
    Would you believe that if you use anything except a "soft flannel cloth and clear water" they won't stand behind their product.

I've always used the same product to clean them as I use to wash my cars and the paint is just fine on my cars and they are older than my faucets.

I found it interesting they ask what I used then told me it voided the warrantee. I had my wife call later and they asked her and she gave a different answer and sure enough that product "hand soap" voided the warrantee.

I just want you to beware of the Am Stan brand.
    I guess I'll replace with Delta or PF

Just venting: Anyone have a suggestion?

warpig883
    (2/4/02 11:37:13 am)
    Reply Re: Small print guarantee
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Call them back and tell them you only used water and soft flannel.

Give it a week so they forget you. Of course you probably will not talk to the same person anyway.

I have had great luck haveing companies replace products for free even when they are out of warrantee. I always write a strongly worded but polit letter and address it to Customer Service Manager.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 12:25:48 am)
    American Standard definitely sucks. They have given me the runaround just like you got. It was a new $300 single lever with all kinds of gadgets. It had a hole in the brazing on the body. They would not do anything. Their crappy chrome is plated in Mexico, nuff said. I have been totally satisfied with Price Pfister(now Black and Decker) and Delta. American Standard farms out most operations to other substandard countries and doesn't deserve my money.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 7:53:58 am)
    because of environmental regulations most plating is done outside the USA