The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a really sharp S&W 12 ga pump at the pawn shop today. Metal is scuff, rust free and wood is solid and nick free. Price is good, but does anyone own or know anything about S&W shotguns?

G

·
I know the old ones (late 70's) were made by Howa in Japan this was the model 1000. The earlier model 916 series was not a good shotgun and had many problems one of which was recalled because the barrels could rupture. It was replaced with the model 3000 which was based on the Remington 870.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I get them in for repair all the time. In fact the S&W 1000 is the single most common shotgun I fix in my shop. That's how I judge a firearms durability.. FOr isstance I rarely see Remington 870s or Mossberg 500s. and when I do its for upgrades, not repairs..

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get them in for repair all the time. In fact the S&W 1000 is the single most common shotgun I fix in my shop. That's how I judge a firearms durability.. FOr isstance I rarely see Remington 870s or Mossberg 500s. and when I do its for upgrades, not repairs..
That's good to know so when I have the barrel blow up...I can send it to you for repair...;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts