The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carried one in the Viet Nam era and would like to purchase one of my own What would be a fair price for a used weapon in good condition? S&W Model 15

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
A GOOD Combat Masterpiece will run you in the $500ish range. I have seen them for as little as $350 and as high as $750 BUT if I was buying for my own use and wanted a good shooter that is not pristine in the box But still in 90-95% condition I would expect in the $500 area. Then again it depends on where you are located at, different parts of the country they sell cheaper and others higher. I see you are in Ohio, I am just south in KY, and you can actually find that gun cheaper in southern OH or northern KY for around $450 in 90%+ condition. Now keep in mind a $500 dollar one should have the 3Ts: Target sights, Target trigger, and Target hammer.

From a Vetern too young to have served in Vietnam and too old to serve in battle, yes I was a "Cold War" vetern, thank you for your service. Were you USA? I was USn and my youngest child (son) is active USAF. I have 2 nephews active USA, brother, and one is in Afganistan right now.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Around here nice 4" Model 15 revolvers sell for $299. With Model 19's available for $350 - $400 no one will pay $500 for a Mod 15. Even the desireable Model 14 target revolver won't fetch more than $400. The .38 special round is falling out of favor except for the snub guns.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Around here nice 4" Model 15 revolvers sell for $299. With Model 19's available for $350 - $400 no one will pay $500 for a Mod 15. Even the desireable Model 14 target revolver won't fetch more than $400. The .38 special round is falling out of favor except for the snub guns.
That's funny - that's what people tell me whenever I am trying to sell a 38 Special. Whenever I am trying to buy one, they never heard of that. ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I got a model 15 4" barrel with about 75% bluing left for $159.00 2 years ago should have never got rid of it

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I got a model 15 4" barrel with about 75% bluing left for $159.00 2 years ago should have never got rid of it
I know what you mean, but on the other hand, what's the point of having a shooter if you never shoot it? That would have been a gun you could flip for a profit.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Dang, I need to make arun into NY and buy several to stock in my shop! Here everyone wants a good 38 if nothing else for their wifes/girl friends to have a protection an dshoot ort as truck guns! Funny I cannot buy any for that at ANY gun show or other shop. Last model 60 I sold was in 90% and I got $450 out of it with the maan almost breaking his arm ti get his wallet out so fast to jump on it. He had no problems at $450 OTD but hated the form 4473 for some reason yet he passed the NICS check with flying colors!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts