The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday a Glock 19 MOS gen 5 followed me home. I was going to wait but I have been doing so much training with my SIRT pistol. I figured I would get a similar gun, I didn't want to get the 17. I have been looking at doing some training with a red dot so I went with the MOS. I already know I am swapping out those standard sites, they are pretty horrible. I like the feel of it, I am hoping to get to go to the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The G19 is a great gun and you will love a red dot. I highly recommend the Holosun 507c-gr V2. You get the choice of a red or green reticle. As for the reticle, you can use just a 2moa dot, a 32 moa circle or the dot and circle combined. I have that rds and I prefer the green. I also use it with the circle dot combination. For the trigger, if you choose to upgrade, I recommend Johnny Glock triggers. They are pricey but they are the best.

Congrats on the gun!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it out a couple of weeks ago and got my suppressor height night sights put on and then added my RDS and put a few rounds down range to see how it felt. I still needed to get more adjustment to the RDS. I did some adjusting to the RDS at home with the boresight laser tool. This last Saturday I took a defensive pistol class and still had a bit more to zero it but did fairly well considering it is a new gun. I did ok with the RDS and found out I was still about 4" low so more adjusting. Lucky enough that both of my instructors are Glock armorers and reverified that the sights were accurate and that I just had to worry about tweaking the RDS. I have a Glock minus connector on the way so that I can put that in and polish the trigger linkage to help smooth things out.

2020-11-14 20.59.57.jpg 2020-11-20 21.54.13.jpg

Reactions: chaswea
1 - 4 of 4 Posts