The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really out of anything but I don't like shooting what I cannot replace. So I went to 3 different LGS, a pawn shop and Bass Pro Shop. The pawn store had a surprisingly good supply of .223 for $1 a round and even .22lr CCI mini mags $20 per 100. He asked what i wanted, said nothing now, thanks, I'm not yet desperate. If I was though it's good to know it's available. The LGS were the best places to find reloading supplies, but they were extremely light on primers and powder. I scored 1k LPP and 1k Magnum LPP both for $38/k. One LGS had .223 $14/20 rounds FC 55 grain fmj, limit 2 boxes so I bought two.

Then I went to Bass Pro Shops, first pic is of powder, second pic is of primers, third is of ammo shelves. I left the store just shaking my head at the craziness. Looks like it may be a while until this shortage is over.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
In the NE, we reached this point many weeks ago. I thought there would be a lull in the action by now and supplies would rebuild some. WRONG WRONG WRONG!

In NY you will soon need a background check to purchase ammo, and this will eliminate Interent sales to NY. This kinda thing scares people and they panic buy.

Our only hope is that people will wake up and toss out democratic gun-grabbers in the 2014 mid-term elections. This same thing happened after the Clinton's took our guns in the early 1990s.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob, I get that for NY and it's surrounding states, but we're talking Arizona here. We are a red state with no chance of any new gun regulations on a state wide basis.

On the other hand, if I lived in NY I would be buying a lifetime supply of ammo before the background check laws went into affect. That is probably what many folks did, prolonging our shortages.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,911 Posts
I'm not really out of anything but I don't like shooting what I cannot replace. So I went to 3 different LGS, a pawn shop and Bass Pro Shop. The pawn store had a surprisingly good supply of .223 for $1 a round and even .22lr CCI mini mags $20 per 100. He asked what i wanted, said nothing now, thanks, I'm not yet desperate. If I was though it's good to know it's available. The LGS were the best places to find reloading supplies, but they were extremely light on primers and powder. I scored 1k LPP and 1k Magnum LPP both for $38/k. One LGS had .223 $14/20 rounds FC 55 grain fmj, limit 2 boxes so I bought two.

Then I went to Bass Pro Shops, first pic is of powder, second pic is of primers, third is of ammo shelves. I left the store just shaking my head at the craziness. Looks like it may be a while until this shortage is over.
I bought 4 bricks of SK Standard Plus 22lr online 3 weeks ago for 10.30 per hundred. Yes they are sold out now, but it is because they offer a good product at a decent price.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Whats really nuts is BPS prices were normally $5 per 100 on primers. I am amazed anyone buys reloading supplies from them. Everything is sold at 101% msrp at Bass Pro, they DO NOT get any of my money!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.