SOG Turk

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/29/01 4:31:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All SOG Turk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Came in the other day and here is the low down so far.
    1942 k Kale, The stock looks unfinished with the only cosmo on it from handling. Bore is dirty but shines rather nicely, can't wait to see what it looks like all cleaned up. All of the rear sight and trigger mech. match the receiver. Bolt(strait) has two stampings which match each other. Trigger housing and mag. floor match each other. Trigger housing is the two screw type. Barrel(stamped underneath) does not match anything and has 7. 91 stamped underneath also. The rifle has been reblued and looks nearly 95%. The butt plate is held in place via two brass screws. After I refinish the stock and buff up the bolt a little, I believe this rifle will look nearly new. It is definitely the nicest turk I have ever seen and for nearly the price of dinner for one at Reb Lobster there is no way you can go wrong buying one of these.

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/29/01 10:08:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG Turk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got in a lot of ten of the Turkish Mausers. About half of them had the unfinished stocks - they look like they were just sawed out and the reblued metalwork slapped into them. However, the wood is really nice dark walnut! I have refinished a couple of them now, and they are beautiful. I think these Turks are about the best deal going right now.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/4/02 9:23:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG Turk
    I have refinished five of these Turkish rifle stocks now, and two of them have got a fine fiddle-back pattern like a high-end grade specialty stock! I am impressed!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!