SOG?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

SkiingFool1974
    (4/12/02 7:30:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All SOG?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I've seen a lot of posts here referring to SOG, who are they? Do they have a website? I've tried searching through past posts to find info on them but to to avail. Plenty of references to them, but nothing else for us "newbies".
    Thanks,
    Evan

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (4/12/02 7:57:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: SOG?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOG is short for "Souther Ohio Gun". Their web address is www.southernohiogun.com/.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/12/02 8:08:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG?
    Is not, it`s....... South of Georgia

www.southofgeorgia
    T.F.F.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/12/02 8:18:43 pm)
    LTS - take yer ol' poop stirrin' stick outen' here. Dang Texans - only reason they got a single star on their flag is they caint count no higher. Either that, or ifin they put more than one star on the flag, they is afeard the Mexicans 'll steal em'
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

SkiingFool1974
    (4/12/02 8:22:01 pm)
    Thanks a lot for the link. Seems as though they have some pretty good deals there.
    Looks like I now have yet another site on my favorites list.
    Evan

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/12/02 10:30:21 pm)
    Ski fool, pick up a copy of shotgun news at Wal-mart. you will find all kinds of places like SOG

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/13/02 12:54:05 am)
    SOG is one of the best distributors of CR firearms, along with AIM. Two of the best in the country are located 9 miles apart, believe it or not...(and about an hour from ME, which is ONE reason I don't want to move to find a new job...they both allow "dealer pickup" ) In fact, I'm going to be at SOG on Monday...

They are located in Lebanon, and Middletown, Ohio (just north of Cincinatti) and a pretty good people to deal with if you have a CRFFL, or a "real" one too...

And remember, EVERYBODY, there is NO such thing as a stupid
    question here. (MAYBE stupid answers once in a while, but ask away anyway...)

And we apologize for the "shorthand," we sometimes forget what it was like when WE were FNGs at this too....and for some of us that wasn't all that long ago!
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

SkiingFool1974
    (4/13/02 10:31:11 pm)
    I've purchased several things through AIM, I was a bit nervous purchasing something sight unseen, but their descriptions were perfect, and the people I spoke with on the phone were great. I couldn't have been more pleased with them. If SOG is just as good, I can't wait to do business with them as well.
    I have learned more in the past month than I ever imagined was possible, simply by reading all of the posts on this board. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to return the favor.
    Evan

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/13/02 11:44:44 pm)
    Evan, like I said they are about 9 miles apart, and lots of people that work there know people at the other pretty well, have kind of a "friendly rivalry."

I personally like SOG a little better, but probably since they were the first I bought from when I first got my CRFFL, and I'm loyal to a fault.

But AIM allows "over the counter" sales, don't make you order in advance like SOG, and they also will bring you 4 or 5 rifles to look at and do your own "handpick." And they ARE nice too...SOG you get what they give you, although SOMETIMES I have been able to talk the girl that works the window at SOG to let me look at a few too... But at AIM they also allow over the counter to regular schmucks via 4473, so on a busy day you have to wait a long time, the counter is small....

The ONLY issue you might have at SOG is the order taker, they have a guy and a girl that aren't bad, but one other girl is a real airhead, with the phone presence of a drone, she knows nothing if it isn't on her computer, and doesn't have the brains or is too lazy to ask....
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/14/02 8:46:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: SOG?
    Amen. I am seriously considering mailing her an application to McDonalds.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/14/02 9:06:44 am)
    That air head chick is a real deficit to SOG - she turns away as much business as she gets in. I make it a habit now that when I call and get her, I call back a little later and get one of the other sales folks. It is amazing how often you get a different answer! What a real Maroon!!!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!