The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to the FF, but have been around firearms for a long time, and am currently working as a research intern at a small local museum in their Weapons collection. We have a solid frame, pinfire revolver in the collection that I am having trouble tracking down. I will give some detail before I try to post a picture of the weapon. As stated it is a solid frame, , folding trigger with no trigger guard, I think about 12mm, but I'm not 100% sure, and there are absolutely no identifying marks on the weapon whatsoever. My understanding is that if it were Belgian, it would have a Belgian proof mark somewhere on the cylinder. This has none, nor any others anywhere on the weapon. Any help anyone can provide will be huge. Thank you all in advance.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It would help to post a photo showing some detail with some dimensions. A silhouette of it only serves to confirm what you have already posted.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF Steve,

Your photo's very dark, but although uncommon, there are British proofed pinfires, which will have the tiny crossed scepters Birmingham proof mark on rear outside of cylinder over each chamber and also on left side of barrel, easy to overlook.

These most likely were also Belgian but finished and proofed in England, as was a pretty common "under the table" practice.

So wipe it down with oil and look at above places, with magnification if needed.

As rhmc notes, there's nothing to show scale, but if truly 11mm (about .44 caliber) the folding trigger is unusual and odd on one that large.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Juste took the picture and made clearer
For me it's a 7 mm pinfire revolver, I had one like that some time ago.
There was not proof marks on it but I woult say German or English .

Lefaucheux

·
Registered
131 Posts

this is the one I had

Lefaucheux

1 - 6 of 6 Posts