The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was browsing Simpson's web site and right now and, listed yesterday, they had a some pretty nice Husky's in 9.3 X 57. There was both 98's and 96's. Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

9.3 X 57 is a really nice cartridge and very underrated. Huntington's might have the brass but if not, it's easily made from 30-06. Accurate makes a good bullet mold for it that weighs about 270 grs. from my mold. and I think most places carry the dies. Pretty easy to get 2,000 fps and with a bullet that big....it's a thumper and mild to shoot in regards to recoil.

If a fella casts, reloads and can handle basic forming, one of these rifles would be a dandy way to get started in "the oddballs". I thought they were fairly reasonable, less than $500.

Long Guns - Husqvarna - Husqvarna Rifles - Page 1 - United States (simpsonltd.com)

·
GUNZILLA
6,422 Posts
Being ignorant more so years ago than now I passed up on a nice Husqvarna a few years ago, kick myself every time I hear that word.

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Registered
648 Posts
For your review here is a brief pictorial essay focused on #husqvarna #Swedish Mauser #M96 or M38...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of those look nice enough I'd be tempted to get another. Especially another that was un-mucked with.

Reactions: Grizzley1

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have Dad's old Tradewinds Husky. One day at a show I bought a Timney trigger for it but alas when I got home, it did not fit. I think we guessed wrong and bought one for the 98 when it fact the Husky was built on the 96 and is in 30-06. This was back in the late 1950's when originally purchased iirr. Looks very similar to this one. I'd have to go into the cabinet to see if there is any checkering on it. The wood is much darker also but the stock shape is the same. Actually, the add MRMIKE shared is it. I'd love to swap that Timney for the correct one if anyone has one. I'm surprised Dad never did when he hunted with it. The trigger is fine for hunting deer but for target work, it has a noticeable spot in the pull that hurts fine accuracy, though one can easily work through it. I guess I've been spoiled by some nicely honed triggers.

OIP (1).jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts