Some of my pics (more to come)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Photo Album' started by Guest, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/14/01 1:22:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Some of my pics (more to come)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One of my hobbies is photography. This is one of my favorites that I took - it's a close up of the Iwo Jima Memorial in DC....

Once I take more pics, I intend to make an album that pertains to history using my pics and my words about what that photograph stands for. Once it's up, I'll let you all know...

Always Faithful

Edited by: Winter11 at: 11/2/01 1:09:27 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/14/01 1:56:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Coming soon.... my photo album...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Very good Winter!

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/14/01 6:08:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Coming soon.... my photo album...
    Great pic, Winter. The Iwo Jima Memorial is a beautiful one.
    And, just as impressive is to be in DC and at the Memorial
    on the 10th of November, for the Marines' birthday ceremony.
    Simply Awesome!!!

Lookin' forward to more of your pics from your picture album!

Sharon

donbrails
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/14/01 8:23:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del pictures
    Just a random thought.
    Winter...I teach photography at my high school! I am looking forward to seeing more of your pictures. The first one was great!
    Thanks,
    Don

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/15/01 9:54:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: pictures
    You know, this year will be my first experience with Nick and the Marine Corps B-day. The ball will be on that Saturday, the 10th and we plan on driving down to DC the next day on the 11th. Always wanted to be in DC on Veterans day! Gonna be a haul though.... don't plan on gettin in til mornin, sleepin for about three-four hours and driving down... hell it's worth it!

Thanks very much... whew someone who teaches it gives me the thumbs up - - now I'm smilin' - can't wait to scan more so I can show you all!

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/6/01 12:55:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: pictures
    Winter,,we are still eagerly awaiting your photographs,,,
    hope you can get some posted,,, I can always use more inspiration to write,,

Stan H ,, nighthawk

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/6/01 4:26:44 pm)
    Sorry guys... I guess I've been a little behind here... I actually have pictures from when I went to see the World War II Air Show, as well as a re-enactment of the Battle of Brooklyn during the Revolutionary War. Both were VERY cool. Oh, and if you were wondering about that battle in Brooklyn... um... ya might not of heard of it cause we lost that battle... but obviously... not the war! SO...a soon as I can scan them, I will post 'em all... they are really good.... so I am excited.

gorourke
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/6/01 9:31:10 pm)
    Winter,

Are you talking about the American Air Power Show that was at Republic Airport in Farmingdale?

P. Gary

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/01 11:18:12 am)
    The show I went to was in Reading Pennsylvania's Regional Airport. It was held in the beginning of June and was absolutely incredible. I took a lot of pictures and I just have yet to scan them and get them on the internet to post. I, actually, hope to get that done this weekend.

The website is: www.maam.org/newsletters/jul01/memupdtjul2001.html

gorourke
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/10/01 10:19:47 pm)
    Winter,

It looks like a great show, I hope to see some photos soon. Sean and I had the pleasure of attending the American Air Power Show here on Long Island. I was very impressed with the number and diversity of aircraft at this show. There were many beautifully restored and in flying condition aircraft from the U.S., Germany, Japan and the former Soviet Republic. Most from WWII, and for the first time since it was built here at Republic Airport, an A-10 Wart Hog Tank Killer returned to please the crowd with a few runway flybys. Here are some photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I overheard lots of explainations about the slick above, and about the Vietnam era armaments on display around the chopper, all of them incorrect! It’s amusing, you would think at least one of these guys would look around for a real Veteran before opening their mouths. Wannabe’s…. very sad!

Gary

Edited by: gorourke at: 9/11/01 12:03:35 am

GRUNT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/14/01 7:18:44 pm)
    Winter11 and gorourke

Thanks for posting the pictures.I really enjoyed looking at them

The Price Of Freedom Is Written On The Wall

Winter11
    (1/4/02 11:51:10 am)
    Glad you liked 'em...

I just got a whole bunch of new attachements to play with on my camera so I'm havin' a ball with it... I'll let you all know when I update the album!! (hehe)

Always Faithful

berto64
    (2/3/02 12:10:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Coming soon.... my photo album...
    Very nice photos, you guys.
    Thank you for sharing them.

spanky

Endeaver to Persevere

blackguns
    (2/4/02 12:23:29 pm)
    Great pictures. I bet it was a pleasure to take them! Thanks for sharing them.