Some of you will understand...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LurpyGeek, Apr 8, 2009.

1. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Some of you will understand the significance of this.

I'm so happy.

If you want, I'll tell you the secret.

Attached Files:

2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

No explination necessary!

3. artabr

artabr New Member

They're worth the wait. :D

Art

4. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I've had a few for a while, but I've been trying to get my hands on more. I just got these on a tip from a friend.

I'll let you know where if anyone's interested. I believe there are more available.

5. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

6. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

No, just accessories for a toy.

Robinson Armaments XCR. Designed and manufactured in SLC, UT.

Got it in September. I saved up for it for a long time, but I'm lucky to have a wife who trusted me and let me get it before the election.

Attached Files:

• xcr.jpg
      xcr.jpg
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

Sweet setup, Lurpy.!! ;) :)

Art

8. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

That's got a piston driven gas system, don't it? You lucky son of a gun!!!:D

I looked at a sig rifle in the gunshop that was somewhat like that but it was strangely loose... the upper and lower could be jiggled a bit...it had that much play in the pins that lock the upper and lower together. They said that was normal but it didn't seem right to me?

How tight is that rifle of yours? Does the upper and lower lock together tightly?

AND... is your rifle a variation of the HK G3 ?

mike
    gn

9. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    DROOL​

10. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I hope your drooling over the gun and not the pic of obamas neked butt you have on yer sig line.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

mike
    gn

11. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

The XCR-L was designed to compete in the military's SCAR competition. It didn't end up even competing (for political reasons) and was disqualified on a technicality. The FN SCAR ended up winning the competition. I personally believe that the XCR is a much superior weapon, but of course I'm biased.

It is piston operated, has an adjustable gas system with four settings (plus one for using a silencer). The upper receiver is monolithic and has a full rail on top and fore-end rails at 3, 6 and 9 o clock. The lower receiver looks a lot like a common AR receiver, but it has some ergonomic changes that make it fantastic. The bolt and really all of the internals are much beefier than an AR.

The other big selling point is that the barrel is easily swappable and the rifle can be had in 5.56x45, 6.8 SPC, 7.62x39, and they're working on 6x45 and 6.5 Grendel. You can purchase the rifle in any of these calibers, or simply purchase a conversion kit that consists of a barrel and bolt for the desired caliber. They're also working on an XCR-M that will be chambered in 7.62x51.

When I was looking into getting a carbine, my decision basically came down to the Sig 556 and the XCR. The price is similar and some of the features of the two seem similar, but they're really completely different rifles. The Sig is a design from the 70s. It's kind of an AK with better fit and finish. The XCR is a 21st century modular system.

I have a friend who bought a Sig at the same time I got the XCR. I had heard of several common problems that people had with the Sig and he ran into several of them. The biggest one was that the rail on the top of the receiver isn't straight. He sent it in to have it looked at, but they didn't really do anything. To me that is completely unacceptable. The Sig has a much nicer trigger, but I much prefer the quad rail, monolithic upper and ergonomics of the XCR. The trigger is most people's biggest complaint about the XCR. That can be corrected with a $50 trigger job, plus Robinson Armaments is coming out with a match trigger in the very near future. They're a great company to work with. They are very open with their customers, and they look to their users for advice when working on upgrades and new projects. Their customer service is superb.

I still need to save up for an optic... but I'm saving up for so many things...

12. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Oh, and if anyone's interested...

G & R Tactical.

This is the only place I have been able to successfully find Pmags for a reasonable price in the last four months. I believe they still have some in stock, but only the black window versions. From purchase to my door in about 10 days.

13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

The gunshow last weekend had several tables that were loaded up with Pmags for $21 a pop. Yet the gunshops around here have a hard time getting them?
    I'm wondering about some of these supposed shortages...

mike
    gn

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  14. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Thank you, Lurpycreek. I was not able to get any a couple of months ago when glocknut gave me a phone number, but I just ordered some.:) They have the black and Desert Earth, both with windows.

I spent about an hour earlier today looking for some, so this is a great coincidence. I found some on BrandX but didn't want to spend what they wanted.

George

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  15. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Whats special about these mags if I may ask?