Something weird just happened...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, May 7, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I was about to post a response to the census thread and instead of a reply page i got one of those unable to display pages. Well, periodicly the forum does have a hiccup and i cannot get on. So i figured i'd go to one of the other forums i occasionally go to that are gun oriented. Each and every one of them came up with the same cannot display page. Other forums or websites did come up though.... That is just a bit odd !!!!!!! :mad:

Makes me wonder if that power to shut down the internet thing that obama wanted was actually the power to shut down "specific" websites if he wishes? How better to test such a capability than to "flash test" it to see if it works? No need to stop websites for a very long time...just long enough to see if the program works...

mike
    gn

2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    could have been a bug attack

3. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Yeah, by the government!

mike
    gn

4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Speaking of weird, bugs, etc. - there was a guy dressed up in a bee costume walking down the hall a few moments ago chanting "Bee Safe. Bee Safe."

5. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Are you making fun of me?!!! :eek::eek::D:D;)

mike
    gn

6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

It's Skynet taking control:eek::p:D

but seriously, I agree with you. I'd expect the gov't to see if they could shut down specific "subversive" websites down first. They they'd move up to shutting it all down at once.

7. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Oh that's loverly! NOW, we are subversive! I take back that comment regarding BO shaving his head and trying out for a part in a Star Trek movie.

8. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

How do you explain all of my gun forums not being able to display but others like salt water fish forums coming up as normal?

Maybe i am paranoid but dang that seemed odd....

mike
    gn

9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh yes, I agree with you. I have no doubt that the feds would like nothing more than to shut down every site about guns or that tells the truth about Barry.

10. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

"Something weird just happened..."

Story of my life....

11. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

Nothing weird happens around me :rolleyes: Mike there is something in the air and it is effecting all the sites that the zebra doesn't want us to use, each week his list will grow:eek:

12. durk

durk Active Member

We all need to have some sort of plan to keep in touch with each other just in case something does happen in a SHTF situation and we have no Internet!:) Where will we go to find each other? How will we know what's going on in other states?

13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Barry will step in and tell us what we need to know.... YABBA DABBA DO...YABBA DABBA DO....

Thats from an old OLD Flintstones episode where the little space guy hypnotizes fred and barney. Oh, nevermind... :rolleyes:

mike
    gn

14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Keep in mind that many of the firearms fora are coming out of the same source. The source has a problem and a bunch of fora goout at once. I've seen this before.

Another thing I've seen is where a telephone link going, say, West will have a problem and the ones going other directions are still good. If your connection to a particular serving hub happens to be to the West, you are down for them until the chain gets rerouted or the link comes back up.

Or it could be Holder testing, testing, testing.

Pops

15. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Kazoo, the little green buddy