The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
He needs SR primers,called me---N O---but I told him I'll trade 1k SR for the use of his Rennspeed 600hp Mustang GT for 2 weeks....I can't repeat what I heard as I was hanging up... 馃榿

Registered
A son? Yea he owes you alot more than use of vehicle!!! Remind him about all years, food, clothing and antics of his whole life, his whole being!!!
Sounds like a 'need to have a come to Jesus talk'!! We use to do those at work from remembering growing up with strict family!

Registered
I can always tell by the way the phone call received starts out, what kinda call it's going to be.
Son: Hey Pops, how's it going?
Me: What do you need now?
Son: I was wondering....
BDL, I remind them (twins) about having to bottle feed feed them every 3hrs for the three months I slept in my recliner, and the case of diapers every week. They counter with "Grandma said it's God's payback for what you put her through". Sometimes I regret letting them spending too much time with their Grandma!
Zant only WANTS to drive the Mustang, his Son NEEDS those primers. I say good trade!:)

Registered
Fraternal twins, one blond/blue, the other black/brown, nothing alike! The only way you know they're brothers is the way they fight. In fairness, I have to say one calls with the "I was wondering...", the other calls to chat about nothing, trying to stay awake to drive home after a 300+ mile/16hr day.

Super Moderator
I guess I can honestly say that I talk with my daughter, who lives half way around the world, more than I do with my son who lives 12 miles away. At least when she calls it is not always a poppa gimme!

GUNZILLA
Remind him about all years, food, clothing and antics of his whole life, his whole being!!!
You don't need years of reminders, heck just a week of changing diapers should suffice.

Premium Member
Not being a Mustang guy I'd give him the primers. However...my oldest, he's the only one who reloads and shoots, has an exceptionally nice Gretsch "Prom Queen" guitar I'd like to play for a few weeks!!

If youngest calls, he needs or wants something. Oldest will call just to chat...for 2 hours.

Reactions: ms6852 and joe45c

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
When he comes up,I'm giving him 750=.308 brass and 1k LR...so he can load for 1 of the 4 .308s I've given him.

Registered
My son is on his way here to NY from OK. He made it to Illinois this morning. HE won't ask for anything, but me and the wife will have a whole bunch of computer and tech problems for him to solve.
Ooh, you're way up there. I once camped at Tupper Lake for a week or so. Rode my old 72 Honda up from Kingston, NY back in the early 70s. Red moon came up over the lake, beautiful area. Your son still has a way to go, if he's passing through were I live in Illinois now. Last time we came back from NY/NJ for a visit, I headed up the western edge of Conn for the fall color drive and turned west again up in Northern Vermont somewhere below you. On the way to the falls, headed home I spotted the sign for Ilion, NY and the Remington plant. Walked out of there with a beautiful stock and forearm from a trap 870 for my slug hunting 870 I was scoping and looking for a higher comb. After chatting with the guys behind the counter, I asked, how much? He said how about $35? Made my trip.

Premium Member
Ooh, you're way up there. I once camped at Tupper Lake for a week or so. Rode my old 72 Honda up from Kingston, NY back in the early 70s. Red moon came up over the lake, beautiful area. Your son still has a way to go, if he's passing through were I live in Illinois now. Last time we came back from NY/NJ for a visit, I headed up the western edge of Conn for the fall color drive and turned west again up in Northern Vermont somewhere below you. On the way to the falls, headed home I spotted the sign for Ilion, NY and the Remington plant. Walked out of there with a beautiful stock and forearm from a trap 870 for my slug hunting 870 I was scoping and looking for a higher comb. After chatting with the guys behind the counter, I asked, how much? He said how about $35? Made my trip.
At 4;30 he was in effingham Ill. taking a nap and charging his tesla. Yep we are way up in Northern part of NY. Been to Tupper lake a bunch of times. Will be going past the Remington plant next week on my way downstate to go deer hunting. Never been inside the plant though.

Registered
I wonder what has become of it all now?. They have a museum there you could spend a day in. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to spend there I would have wanted. Just a cursory pass through wishing I could stay longer.

He made it into the western half of Illinois. Is he planning on heading north at Columbus, Ohio? We didn't have these computer programs and gps to get us around back when I covered all that ground. I remember the first trip I took with a borrowed gps. It kept mooing at us. Finally I figured out he had it programmed to moo each time we went by a church??

I don't know how NYS is now, but years ago many downstaters went upstate to hunt the Adirondacks if they had the opportunity. When I lived there, most of our hunting was downstate in the Catskills. I guess it all depends on where you have the opportunity to hunt now. NYS used to have huge tracks of state land to hunt on. Just park on the side of the road where it wasn't posted and head in. But that was back in the early 60s.

Registered
Maybe a week with the Mustang?
That would be a hoot. Just don't take your pregnant wife for a ride in something with 600hp. I remember doing that on a lunch hour when a friend I worked with said, "take the Camaro" home for lunch. It was probably closer to 400+. I thought my wife would have the baby after 1st and then pulling hard in 2nd.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts