The Firearms Forum banner

Soon to be a New Norinco MAK 90

25K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Jimdo 
#1 ·
Well if nothing else the Democrats made me finally get up off my butt and get a nice toy.

I won a recent auction for a new in the box Chinese MAK 90 from Norinco.:)

With any luck it should arrive by next Wednesday or Friday. The prices are going through the roof and I didn't do too bad. From what I have heard this should be an excellent example of an 7.62x39 AK-47 type weapon.
Has anyone had problems with these? :cool:

Are they easy to upgrade with US made parts, if I wanted to?:rolleyes:

#2 ·
The old Norinco MAK 90 were excellent rifles. Upgrading? Naw, i wouldn't. Not necessary in my opinion. But thats just me.

mike
gn

#4 ·
congrats !! not sure what you mean by upgrading. if it's a post ban configuration it will have a thumbhole stock and no muzzle device. to replace the stock you'll need to see if the receiver's back end is straight or angled. not much you can do about the castrated muzzle brake other than tapping for some sort of aftermarket flash hider. if it's a single stack mag (which i doubt) you can open the magwell by hand to accept a double stack.
actually, you're getting a rather nice AK to begin with so don't mess with it too much. enjoy !!

#5 ·
Well today I managed to take it to the range for the first time.
I removed the top cover section and replaced it with one that had a scope mount and a 4 x 32 sporter scope. I had no problems zeroing it in and I loved the shot group along with the destinctive report. I placed the original cover back into the box for future us if needed or the return the weapon to its original state. This weapon was new in the box and after visiting the Gun Show this weekend, I'm certain I got a good deal. I just need to be sure to watch out for the 922r stuff, if I start making changes, but so far, I'm happy as hell. This is a keeper.

#6 ·
I have two of the Norinco Mak-90s and the only thing I did was convert them to the fiberforce stock. The stock was about 50 bucks.

Me and my kids have put so many rounds through those rifles I could not even imagine how many. I have had them for several years and have not had one problem at all.

I remember we used to get the ammo for about $1.50 a box of 20 back when I got those rifles and we could plink all day long at those prices.

I am thinking of getting a Polish AK-74 to add to our small collection.

Yup.....I think you got a good rifle indeed!

J&G sales has those stocks as well as others

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/stocks/ak-stocks/cPath/1_388_420_263

Take care,

KJB

#9 · (Edited)
I've gone through ClassicArms.Inc and AuctionArms.COM to purchase Hand Guns and these rifles.

At Classic Arms web site they have some interesting weapons and ammo.

http://www.classicarms.us/

Check out their PSL ROMAINIAN SNIPER RIFLE SHOOTERS PACKAGE for $800.00, I've been a good boy this year and may get one of these also.

At Aim Surplus you will find the best prices for 7.62 x 39, 7.62 x 54, and 7.62 x 25 ammo.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/index.html

Last Sunday at a Gun Show here on San Antonio, I purchased 600 rds of Chinese Norinco Ammo for only $80.00, and nowadays that is a bargain.

Take Care

#10 ·
CD Woods,

Thanks for those websites. I have been kinda busy over the holidays but have now gone to those websites and looked.

Check out their PSL ROMAINIAN SNIPER RIFLE SHOOTERS PACKAGE for $800.00, I've been a good boy this year and may get one of these also.
Ok......no need to rub it in you lucky duck! And I bet you would have been twice as good if you coulda got two.........LOL

My gosh, a guy can sure do a lot of droooooling on that Classic Arms site!

I just might have to give them a call.

Take care.

P.S. Let me know if you do get a PSL ROMAINIAN SNIPER RIFLE SHOOTERS PACKAGE

KJB

#11 ·
I did pretty well in November/December.

I picked up a MAK 90, a Yugo SKS in Black Rifle style, a Chinese SKS and a Chinese Paratropper SKS with a 20 round internal mag. I'm loving it. My Birthday is in January and the Romanian PSL is still on top of my list.

#12 ·
I did pretty well in November/December.

I picked up a MAK 90, a Yugo SKS in Black Rifle style, a Chinese SKS and a Chinese Paratropper SKS with a 20 round internal mag. I'm loving it. My Birthday is in January and the Romanian PSL is still on top of my list.
Yeah, I'd say that's doing pretty well. :D

My July-present has only been an AK-variant, and I'm probably not going to be able to buy anything else for quite a while. :( But at least I got one! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.