sorry for the delay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justdoug, Apr 19, 2009.

1. justdoug

justdoug New Member

although it's been...over a year! I can't believe it - last log in 4-11-08. Didn't realize it until just now. I didn't expect the date to be like this. This may turn out to be very long but bare with me. Special thanks to crpdeth! Got a few emails asking about me. I had them saved in a folder. Going through my email, they reminded me to come back.
    I have only just returned to the site and the hobby. Well, not so much hobby but I really wanted to be back here if for no other reason than general discussion and read some kind words for a change.
    This is the best forum on the net PERIOD. Having left the firearms in the cabinet for a bit of a change, I joined an atv forum. It's alright but it is no where in the class of TFF!! Here, it's more like family which is why was not uncomfortable about finally coming home, so to speak. I anticipate yet another warm welcome and have no doubt that somebody may remember me.
    I did in fact put a SKS on layaway at the local shop 8 months ago. It has been paid up for 3 months but my forms of ID no longer match and I haven't made time to change everything. I have also kept up with Range Review (I am sorry for your loss).
    I've been poking around for about an hour reading different posts and it's nice to see how things have evolved. It'll be nice to not be able to start or end a day w/ out the TFF fix.
    For now:
    Still married, 3 kids, still working on the house, managed to hang onto the job that I was once whining about loosing (lay off), still working on old Fords (and some other stuff) out in the weather, and still love the smell and recoil.

I'm going back to read some more. Hope everybody is feeling like me. Well, maybe not. I'm half sick, nostalgic, but...GLAD TO BE ON TFF!

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Welcome 'home'!!!!

3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Welcome back! I like old Fords too. 1967 F100 Shortbed project,
    1970 F100 Ranger 360 and C6, 1972 F100 Ranger XLT project, 1981 F250 work truck.

4. justdoug

justdoug New Member

Well alright. I only have two. 1982 F100 that is being extensively modified and a 1986 F350 Dually which is a beast.

5. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Mine are a collection that started with my Dad. He bout 4 new trucks in his 61 years on this earth. The first was a 1969 F100 Custom and the second was a 1994 F150. He bought 1998 F150 and had to replace it with a 2004 after the 98 got wrecked. Anyway he had bought several old Ford trucks over the years to drive. Between my brother and I we have two '67's, one was my first truck, three '69's, one '70, one '71, one '72, and two '81's. Most of them are in varying states of disrepair but hopefully I can soon get at least my '70 back on the road. I think I need a head gasket on it. The last two cylinders on the right bank are dead. Anyway old Fords, and old vehicles in general, are one of my other loves besides guns.

6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Welcome back Doug...FORD- fix or repair daily...:p :D :D found on road dead..:eek::rolleyes:

Anybody got a zinger for Dodge? I'm trying to make mine last a bit & it will be my last one I think..

7. justdoug

justdoug New Member

didn't you say something like this about a, well, year ago? I remember a truck post but don't have the energy to go through 500 pages

8. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Yep. Invested $1000 in it about Christmas time. Trying to recoup the repair by not having a new car payment. ;) But when it's time, I'm thinking of the Ford Edge, Flex, or Ranger p/u. My Sister in ;law works for Ford. Won't buy another Chrysler product or GM.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  9. flannelman

flannelman New Member

I have a 01 Ranger that has nearly 200k on it and it has been a good one. I didn't take care of it as well as I should have and now the tranny is going but that is my fault. I have had very little trouble with it over the years. I like the way the Flex looks though so we may have one in the driveway when we replace my wife's car.

10. justdoug

justdoug New Member

illegal post BUMP! Wanted to get back up top and highlighted so some of the veterans of TFF will know I'm back. A little self centered but I'm having a good day for a change...and...

Instead of starting a new post, I wanted these things to be known:

1) I love it here and wish I hadn't missed 12 months (still can't believe it)

2) I can relate to almost every subject here and usually be able to respond intelligently

3) TFF is down home, down to earth, down right wholesome goodness

Did I mention that I was in a good mood?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Welcome back, justdoug.

Ford F150 XLT here. I met FirstInLine because she was driving a 54 Ford that I just lusted for. She still sometimes says i married her to get her dad's 54. :D

Pops

12. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Welcome back! Just today I figured I would make a post about guys MIA, we are still missing BunnyHunter, we are halfway there now (out of the guys that were MIA off the top of my head :D).