The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All...As the days wind down to the precious few remaining, there comes a
barrage of people, places, and things as if being testaments to how it should or might
have been. Of course the political deeds and misdeeds seem to shadow all else of any
interest....More recent was some of the things that clouded whatever degree of actuality
that showed with the Biden era...No matter what affiliation anyone has, it seems that the
choosing of choices is paramount to all else....Good Luck to you all as you select and choose
the ways and manners you decide on...Chief

·
Registered
752 Posts
Good Morning All...As the days wind down to the precious few remaining, there comes a
barrage of people, places, and things as if being testaments to how it should or might
have been. Of course the political deeds and misdeeds seem to shadow all else of any
interest....More recent was some of the things that clouded whatever degree of actuality
that showed with the Biden era...No matter what affiliation anyone has, it seems that the
choosing of choices is paramount to all else....Good Luck to you all as you select and choose
the ways and manners you decide on...Chief
Sorry Chief, I have no confidence that this election results will be what the real voters actually wanted. I'm afraid that fraud may prevail. Also after seeing that the MSM will not cover or address the latest revelations concerning the Biden family there are some voters that will never know what they are voting for.

Poll watchers, be very watchful.

I really pray that I'm wrong.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry Chief, I have no confidence that this election results will be what the real voters actually wanted. I'm afraid that fraud may prevail. Also after seeing that the MSM will not cover or address the latest revelations concerning the Biden family there are some voters that will never know what they are voting for.

Poll watchers, be very watchful.

I really pray that I'm wrong.
The fraud that will occur will not be anything a poll watcher can see....

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
The fraud that will occur will not be anything a poll watcher can see....
Poll watchers aren't going to see ballot harvesters steaming open the envelopes and replacing the ballots before turning them in Remember, the ballots aren't watermarked and the voter signs the envelope, not the ballot.. Why do you think the left is pushing so hard to count late ballots and un postmarked ballots, it takes time to steam those things open and switch the ballot inside of it.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,896 Posts
Why do you think the left is pushing so hard to count late ballots and un postmarked ballots, it takes time to steam those things open and switch the ballot inside of it.
Those ballots need to be sent out with tamper proof tape to seal the envelopes.

·
Premium Member
11,219 Posts
SBE, I cannot help but wonder how on earth that can be rectified in ones head and conscience. I can't decide if that's contradictory, hypocritical, pipe dreaming or just choosing to ignore what's been happening the last 50 years. I hope I can understand an explanation.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
We even have a member who recently joined that boasted about being a Democrat and a gun owner. Nothing like voting to have your 2nd amendment infringed.
I saw that too so I’m going to get some popcorn and watch. It probably won’t go very well nor last very long🍿

·
TFF Chaplain
18,896 Posts
I saw that too so I’m going to get some popcorn and watch. It probably won’t go very well nor last very long🍿
It depends on how the conversations go. He might be open to discussions.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Banned
Couple handguns, couple shotguns, couple antiques.
32 Posts
We even have a member who recently joined that boasted about being a Democrat and a gun owner. Nothing like voting to have your 2nd amendment infringed.
You may be talking about me, i am a Democrat and a gun owner. The 2nd amendment is just that, a Constitutional Amendment. It takes 2/3'rds of states to vote to remove or change it to change anything. I am confident that my vote will not effect that. Even states that you would consider 'Democratic' would likely not vote to remove or change the 2nd ammendment because, like myself, most Democrats are not anti-gun as you suppose. We do however differ on other things, things that in my opionion are far more at risk and are not imbedded in the Constitution. Right now, i have esentially two driving forces for my voting decision 1- are my politics reflective of what Jesus did and said? 2- Integrity matters.

So, no i don't believe my or your right to bear arms is at risk even if Democrats retake the White House and the Senate, but, as supporters of the GOP, i would ask, what ever happened to your desires for fiscal conservatism? Anyway, i'm sure this will get me booted from this forum, so it's been nice chatting with you. Good luck and God bless.

·
Banned
32 Posts
You may be talking about me, i am a Democrat and a gun owner. The 2nd amendment is just that, a Constitutional Amendment. What does it take to change the Constitution?

There are two ways to go about it. The first process requires that any proposed amendment to the Constitution be passed by both the House and the Senate with two-thirds majorities. It would then need to be ratified by three-fourths of the 50 states – or 38 of them.
Historically, that's proved challenging.

The second option for repealing an amendment is to hold a Constitutional Convention. In that case, two-thirds of state legislatures would need to call for such a convention, and states would write amendments that would then need to be ratified by three-fourths of the states.

I am confident that my vote will not effect that. Even states that you would consider 'Democratic' would likely not vote to remove or change the 2nd ammendment because, like myself, most Democrats are not anti-gun as you suppose. We do however differ on other things, things that in my opionion are far more at risk and are not imbedded in the Constitution. Right now, i have esentially two driving forces for my voting decision 1- are my politics reflective of what Jesus did and said? 2- Integrity matters.

So, no i don't believe my or your right to bear arms is at risk even if Democrats retake the White House and the Senate, but, as supporters of the GOP, i would ask, what ever happened to your desires for fiscal conservatism? Anyway, i'm sure this will get me booted from this forum, so it's been nice chatting with you. Good luck and God bless.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Repealing 2A is not necessary in order to destroy our firearms rights. We all remember the "assault weapons" ban, not to mention de facto 2A repeals in localities such as Chicago and DC. Then there was the ridiculous magazine limit in Califorinia, which a federal judge struck down.

Biden is likely to pack the Supreme Court. After that, it only takes one case to render 2A useless.

It's completely possible to disarm America without a repeal.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Well, Packing the Supreme Court is what McConnell is doing, so....

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
You may be talking about me, i am a Democrat and a gun owner. The 2nd amendment is just that, a Constitutional Amendment. It takes 2/3'rds of states to vote to remove or change it to change anything. I am confident that my vote will not effect that. Even states that you would consider 'Democratic' would likely not vote to remove or change the 2nd ammendment because, like myself, most Democrats are not anti-gun as you suppose. We do however differ on other things, things that in my opionion are far more at risk and are not imbedded in the Constitution. Right now, i have esentially two driving forces for my voting decision 1- are my politics reflective of what Jesus did and said? 2- Integrity matters.

No, you won't be booted simply for expressing yourself, as long as you do so in a clean, non-threatening manner.

That "integrity matters" comment is a hoot! You would rather vote for corrupt, lying, rapey Joe and claim to be doing so to express "integrity". What a lame joke!

As to your assertion that democrats like guns is another very lame joke. It is non-sensical and uninformed at best. I am acquainted with a few democrats, as there are even some in my family, and I take exception to your notion.

Your first post indicated that you came here expecting an argument, so now you have one. Keep it clean.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, Packing the Supreme Court is what McConnell is doing, so....
That is a canard, which is a nice way of saying "lie." "Packing the court" is an old term with a well-settled meaning. It means increasing the number of justices. The term has been with us since at least the FDR administration, when another leftist considered doing it. Most Americans know this. They teach it to kids in junior high.

Trump has the legal high ground with regard to Barrett. Historically, in times when presidents and Senates were on the same side of the aisle, justices have generally been confirmed during election years. Trump is doing something that has been done many times in the past.

Anyone who has followed the story should know that.

Preserving 2A means absolutely nothing if 2A is nullified through court decisions, as it was for decades in many jurisdictions. Other Constitutional rights that are still on the books are now effectively powerless, and 2A can follow in short order. The Fourth Amendment is now a shadow of its former self, due to power grabs our government made in response to Muslim terror.

There are a lot of con artists and Fudds who try to convince us 2A has something to do with hunting, and that taking away effective self-defense weapons and leaving us with ridiculous duck guns and deer rifles is consistent with the amendment's meaning. In fact, 2A has no relationship to sporting arms, and it never has. Its purpose is to provide for self-defense from people, not ducks, including agents of a government gone mad.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts