The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ordered one of these and actually received it??

mcwonyst

Adjustable Ambidextrous Rifle Shooting Rest for Outdoor Range
$21.98

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's a shop registered in China, so if you receive anything it will be cheap Chinese crap. (As expected for the price though)

It does tick all the scam site boxes so whether or not you will actually receive anything is the question.
-Website started a bit over 2 months ago
-No real shop, just a few "special" items
-No contact information, it's a Chinese shop but does not mention so anywhere.
-Links to Facebook/Twitter do not work
-Too cheap to be true.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
One of the images shown the Caldwell logo on the side of the front rest.
I have to agree that it is a scam considering the price difference. This is from a well known online retailer.

·
9,726 Posts
I ordered something, not gun related, from a site that looked good on Facebook one day.
It took about 3 months to get it and I think it was walmart throw back garbage when I got it.
If it looks too good to be true, then it is.
I am not impressed by walmart stuff either.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I took two screen shots of the home page and the two Caldwell items and emailed them to Caldwell. Seeing that all Caldwell products are made in China, they mite able to get these scammers shut down.

The Internet has spawned a disparaging amount of online fraud and theft.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears FACEBOOK lets more and more scammers just come on in and post obvious junk or actually, no items at all!! THEN they beat me up for making a truthful comment. Hmmm???

·
Registered
969 Posts
I know where exactly each social media should be inserted so I remain far away from them. Looked at eBay the other day and was amazed at the obvious crap many are selling. I am not immune, bought a watch that checked blood pressure etc off ad on Fox News. Arrived over three weeks later direct from China warranty expired less than a week later, watch expired after two weeks. Oh well!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
What I hate is all the “free stuff” I’ve won that keeps showing up in my email boxes...and marvel how they have it dovetailed so nicely to my interests so some of the stuff actually interests me!🤨

The good news is I know how my luck runs, it will be a cold day in you know where before I “win” anything, at least bigger than a free lotto ticket😎

·
Registered
969 Posts
BUT WAIT !!! Now you can buy one and have thirteen more free!,, ( just pay an additional fee) How the devil is something free if you “ just pay an additional fee” All the crap I bought ”as seen on TV” has been total crap, I buy very little I cannot first inspect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts