Southwest Nationals

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by UncleFudd, Jan 31, 2018.

1. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

really excited so thought I would share. I just received notice that I got a spot in the 2 day long range shooting clinic at the SW Nationals next week at the Ben Avery range in Phx. Az.
    Will be learning some or all the basics of long rang shooting. This should be a kick especially for an old cripple. Lol.
    I just have to worry about being able to shoot prone. With Lombar and cervical fusions and both shoulders in really bad shape it is going to be a real challenge. But regardless, I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

2. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

That should be a good time, It is amazing the up grades that have happened at that range since I started going there in the mid 70's. The 1000M range just used to be dirt bumps if I remember correctly and you drove straight through it if no one was shooting. If some one was you had to go back out and around to the archery section.
    Enjoy and learn a lot. What rifle are you taking?

3. UncleFudd

I built a 6mm SLR on a Rem 700 action and brought on barrel. It is 1x7 twist made for using the 105 gr bullets. When I sold my range the people gave me a NF 12x42x56 scope so I’m using it for the optics.
    It is super accurate and doesn’t beat me up with several hundred rounds in a days competition.
    Also the heavier bullets handle a little more wind without too great of a change.
    Should be a lot of fun and always get to meet great new people.
    UF

orion340 likes this.
  4. UncleFudd

Just checked, if nothing changes the weather all nxt week is supposed to be in low 80s with 5 to 8 MPH winds. Should be great weather for shooting at any of the distances.

UF

5. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

Ohh sure low 80's, huh being low 20 here
    Rub it in

6. mudman35962

mudman35962 Member

i have faith in you man. if you can do half of it you are better off than a lot of others.
    have fun and crow about every chance you get.