The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Each one of those sealed cans is worth about $220 (+/-).
Where have you been stealing surplus ammo?:giggle:
The first one may be German for a belt fed machine gun, I'll have to do some research on that one. I do know, even for the condition, the collectors will be all over that.
Second pic is Bulgarian (10 in a dbl circle) light ball loaded in 1980.
Third pic is Russian (188) light ball, loaded in 1977.
The last one looks like Brit .303 loaded in Enfield stripper clips?

·
Super Moderator
43,358 Posts
I was talking about the 7.62X54R spam cans. I have never seen anything like that first picture, I thought it might have been holding two of those cans!

·
Super Moderator
29,422 Posts
Give it another year and you could add at least another $100 to each can.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
First one is not German, it's a WWI .30 cal Browning machine gun ammo box, that mounts on the tripod. They run about $120 with the canvas or leather carry handle intact, about $60-80 without.

·
Super Moderator
29,422 Posts
First one is not German, it's a WWI .30 cal Browning machine gun ammo box, that mounts on the tripod. They run about $120 with the canvas or leather carry handle intact, about $60-80 without.
I was wondering if they were some sort of belt fed that hung on a machine gun. It's the notch in the crate that had me wondering.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I was wondering if they were some sort of belt fed that hung on a machine gun. It's the notch in the crate that had me wondering.
On the top? When I first saw the pic, knew I had seen one before, and kept thinking it was for a Maxim. The cutout on the top is where the carry strap laid, you can still see the two pins the strap attached to.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
This one is missing the strap too.

·
Super Moderator
29,422 Posts
I knew that the cut out in the top was for a missing carry strap. I am referring to the slit that is cut vertically in the one end.

·
Premium Member
13,450 Posts
Rectangle Wood Gas Flooring Font

Here's a shot of the M1917 box with carry handle intact.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I knew that the cut out in the top was for a missing carry strap. I am referring to the slit that is cut vertically in the one end.
Now I see what you're talking about, yes, that's for the mount. There's a company that got a bunch of these, cleaned them up real nice, and made cigar humidors out of them. Done by vets, and proceeds go to non-profits that help vets. $300 a pop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts