The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I bought a couple for my Taurus .357 mag from Midway a couple of years ago and paid about the same for them. One of the few things gun related that has stayed the same through all this craziness.

·
GUNZILLA
7,010 Posts
I use the speed strips for my .357 that holds seven. I like it because they lay flat in my pocket.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yup, have speed loaders and speed strips. Carry only speed strips now. Put a speedloader in my pants pocket the other day and promptly switched back to a strip. If I thought I might need a speedloader I'd just bring something with more capacity now. Maybe when it's jacket time again a speedloader wouldn't be a problem or feel all that bulky. Back before concealed carry though, when the revolver traveled with us in a case, a few speedloaders went along with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I grabbed a bunch of hks 6 and 7 shot speedloaders off of Amazon last year and they were like $10 each. I can never seem to break off the bullets how I want to with those speed strips. I always have to twist it more than I think I should and then I accidentally pop three off when I mean to just pop off two. I only use the speedloaders at the range though, I prefer to just dump a handful of loose ammo in my pocket. Less stuff to keep up with.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I grabbed a bunch of hks 6 and 7 shot speedloaders off of Amazon last year and they were like $10 each. I can never seem to break off the bullets how I want to with those speed strips. I always have to twist it more than I think I should and then I accidentally pop three off when I mean to just pop off two. I only use the speedloaders at the range though, I prefer to just dump a handful of loose ammo in my pocket. Less stuff to keep up with.
Jack, that is why many carry them with 2 rounds, empty space and another two rounds. Longer "Tuff Strips" can be loaded 2, space, 2, space and 2 more rounds for a more fumble free reload.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts