1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SuperDave
(4/25/02 10:28:37 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All 30-40 Krag
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very SAD. This was in garage also, Very rusty with many parts missing.Springfield Armory Model 1896 30-40 Krag Bolt action SN # 1091b2, has some markings on left side of stock but ca'nt read. very poor shape. Have barrel , action, and stock with butplate. Sights are missing, Action is complete and appears to work(no I did'nt shoot it) but rusty. What do I do with it now. Thank You, Dave I have pic's of this to.

Edited by: SuperDave at: 4/26/02 8:37:59 pm

Xracer
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/26/02 7:30:35 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: 30-40 Krag Trap Door
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Model 1896 in .30-40 was the Krag-Jorgensen.....which was a bolt-action rifle.

The Springfield "Trapdoor" was an entirely different rifle and action.

Which is it?

SuperDave
(4/26/02 7:39:46 pm)
Sorry about that, I was not aware of that. This is a bolt action with door on right side of action for loading.

Xracer
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/27/02 7:20:43 am)
It's not worth very much.....however, if you'd like to make a fun project out of it, clean up all the exterior rust, give a "home-brew" cold bluing job, see if you can find a stock, and use it as a wall hanger.

the real fredneck
V.I.P. Member
(4/28/02 9:16:29 am)
if the action is tight and the chamber and bore aren't rusted shut, parts are available so it might make a shooter

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.