The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Spills happen. How clean was your floor to begin with? I'm not certain that I'd use it, depends on what got mixed into it. You may not get proper charges if the powder is contaminated.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Unless your floor was part of a pigsty, reload with it.

·
Super Moderator
41,400 Posts
I agree with carver, use a small spoon or something similar and scoop it back into the container. Any that you can't get up that way, sweep it up and put it in your flower bed. Powder costs too much just to throw away if you can safely salvage it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
What gdmoody said.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Not gonna hurt anything to load with it, just pick out the contaminates... hope it was extruded and not a ball powder?!

IMR stuff is so much easier to pick up

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
light it..

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Pick out the chunks of corn,
throw it in some brass, and
smoke it.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Pick out the chunks of corn,
throw it in some brass, and
smoke it.
Been "yinging yer yang" ain't cha...:D

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have done such acts, and salvaged the powder.

The ONLY bad side effect I've ever experienced was getting some lint mixed in the powder. That jammed my powder measure. But that is it. I found a cheap kitchen strainer from the grocery or basic house hold goods store will take out most of the impurities.

The salvaged powder loaded to the same data and shot the same way it always did. A minor amount of dust didn't seem to alter he burning rate.

I'm too cheap - uh - thrifty to throw out $20 worth of much anything if I can avoid it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts