Sports Illistrated writer bashes hunters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 11:06:29 pm)
    Reply Sports Illistrated writer bashes hunters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In his Dec. 23, 2002, column titled, Fair Game, Sports Illustrated columnist Rick Reilly took aim at hunting and hunters. It's not the first time he's done so. Letters to the Editor can be e-mailed to letters@si.timeinc.com.

The column can be viewed at this adress sportsillustrated.cnn.com...r_reilly1/
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

SDhunter
    (1/4/03 2:00:16 am)
    Reply Re: Sports Illistrated writer bashes hunters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I thought it was pretty funny. Guys like he described make me laugh too.

Oh, Reilly is a moron but you must admit that was a tad funny.

Jeff

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 2:16:19 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Sports Illistrated writer bashes hunters
    If it was written in jest, or even in a humorous tone, I don't find offense with it. I'm personally a little tired of everyone getting offended at everything. Seems like any time a person makes any type of joke about any group, he is immediately bombarded with emails, angry letters, phone calls, and protests. I'm tired of trying to act PC just to keep somebody's feeling from getting hurt.

Where did our sense of humor go? Can we not take a joke any more, or even a little criticism? Maybe everyone needs to lighten up just a little. Sheesh.....
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

JH45gun
    (1/4/03 2:35:15 am)
    Reply Re: Sports Illistrated writer bashes hunters
    Yes we should find the humor in our selves but with the anti gunners and tree huggers after our butts all the time I am not afraid to admit I get a little ticked off and paranoid when I read crap like that. Also after years of normal hunting I now am partly disabled and can not venture in the woods as far as I used to and lots of times I legally road hunt which with the tone of this article would condemn my vehicle I hunt out of. He maybe said it in jest but it sounded sarcastic to me and I was not impressed or maybe I am just up too late at this computer. Jim

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/4/03 11:59:45 am)
    magazines
    I have said it before and I will say it again.

Believe nothing what you read in magazines.

I agree with much of what he is saying but he is being sarcastic about it which puts a whole nuther slant on the article.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 12:11:50 pm)
    Re: magazines
    If anything it sounded to me like he is taking shots at all the marketing niches that companies have found to capitalize on an age old, traditionally non-technical sport.

I think many of the gadgets are cool...but I have very few. I hunted successfully for years without them...why change now.

Jim has good point too. There are always exceptions. But I thought the article was funny. Sarcasm is often a primary literary device for revealing humor or irony in life. Lighten up!!!

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.