The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,427 Posts
That second picture is so blurry, it cannot be seen!

·
Super Moderator
38,427 Posts
If you take the pictures outside in natural light, they will be a low brighter.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Springfield was the name Stevens used for the "econo version" of the Stevens Model 94. Yours is a Model 1929, made 1929 to 1945. On the right side of the receiver, it should say 1929 Model, or not, I've seen both.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Kimblelr, sorry I took so long to get back to this, been busy taking care of things after my Dad had a fall at the rest home. He's okay, twisted his knee, and now pestering me for another pineapple milkshake!:rolleyes:
Anyhow, that push button release has me stumped, I've seen it before, but can't place the model number. The Model 94 has been made with more different release mechanisms that any other shotgun I know of, and might have a record for model variations. They started with the 94, then 94A, 94B, etc, and then some of those models were broke down into "series", like a Model 94C Series K. The last version I know of is the 9478, and it has a release button on the bottom, in front of the trigger guard, that looks more like a plastic .22 short magazine than a button.
The only online photo I could find that was exactly like yours, was mislabeled as a 94C, and yours is an older model than a C. I'll do some more searching when time allows, if I find something, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Still have not found anymore information on this shotgun
I think Trap answered your question. These old single shots are multiplying like rabbits. They were cheap for sale to rural people to put bunnies in the family dinner pot during the Depression. There must be 1,000 variations of the same basic design - and almost that many maker's names stamped on them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's an older version of the 94c, but can't find it yet, it was made by Crescent arm's for Springfield Arms which is one of the 640 names they made for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts